What's new

3 Cent Silver, gold, Indians and more

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was actually going to call it a 2 cent silver as part is broken off. This is what I pulled my last couple of hunts. Both were at the same park with a couple of my detector buddies, Taltahull and Diggin Dude. Although the Indian were nothing special, there were 11 of them. The 1852 3 cent silver is a bucket list item. The 1896 Barber dime is a better date. Of course, we all love finding gold. This piece is 18k. As the Pope is coming to NY this week I needed something to wear : ) The toasted LC came out of a spot I checked in the woods on my way home the other day.

20150920_092513 medal.webp

20150919_080548medal in dirt.webp

20150921_065833 indians.webp

20150921_065919 barber and 3 cent.webp

20150921_065936 barber reverse.webp

20150921_070035 silver.webp

20150921_072154 LC obverse.webp

20150921_070018 LC reverse.webp

20150921_065952 washingtons.webp
 
Upvote 60
Love the Gold medallion! A rare find, most I find are sterling...
 
Nice hunt for sure, thanks for sharing.

I sure wish the 1896s dime I dug a couple months ago was in the shape of your coin.

GL & HH ALL
 
Nice hunt for sure, thanks for sharing.

I sure wish the 1896s dime I dug a couple months ago was in the shape of your coin.

GL & HH ALL

1896 S is a key day xr7ator. Nice find.
 
Great finds somebody cut that 3 cent into a 2 cent silver
 
Wow killin it!
 
Wow what a hunt
 
Great park!!!! You have some great finds!! :occasion14:
 
BREWSTER NEAT RELIGIOUS MEDALLION FIND .....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom