What's new

3-holed metal piece

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this mystery piece up in the woods today. It is iron, 17" long, with holes at each end. There are some sort of dash like markings on it too that I first thought was lettering, but now I think they served some sort of purpose to this piece.
I was thinking it was steering part of a cart or buggy, but it seems too fragile for that. :icon_scratch:
Any ideas?
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-068S.webp
    MVC-068S.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 373
  • MVC-069S.webp
    MVC-069S.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 370
  • MVC-070S.webp
    MVC-070S.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 371
My WAG is a luggage rack. The dash-like markings could be to keep it from moving around once it is tied down. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Part of steering for a childs toy wagon or pedal car is my guess. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Worlds largest iron spur.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the guesses everyone. Since it was found deep in the woods at a farm, I'm still thinking buggy or cart. ???
Perhaps like this one.
-MM-
 

Attachments

  • goatcart.webp
    goatcart.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom