What's new

3 Hours today at the Ball field, before the heat comes

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,946
Reaction score
76,425
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going to be Mid 90's for at least 2 Days now, so last chance to get out for a couple days.

Picture 016.webp

Picture 017.webp

Picture 018.webp

Got some Garbage

Picture 033.webp

$1.78 Gas rebate

Picture 037.webp

Buckle

Picture 036.webp

2 Golf Balls, one cracked Top-Flite
Picture 053.webp

and What I think is to Support Breast Cancer research, or early Detection

Picture 047.webpPicture 043.webpPicture 039.webp


What I think was a Hubley, Not sure if it was a Gene Autry or other Cowboy star Model
I couldn't find a Match
But it Breaks My Heart

Picture 021.webpPicture 023.webp
Picture 022.webpPicture 025.webp

also found a Vintage Matchbox Lesney No. 73 F1 Ferrari Made in France

Picture 055.webp

Used to look like this
1300748671-3652-1.webp


And a 1911 Wheat

Picture 032.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 2
Nice finds! Also, where there's wheaties, there's silver!
 
glade you got out.. i am not looking forward to the heat the next couple of days at work..
 
Cool car. Heats coming here tomorrow so I'm done.
 
so I tried to hunt my first ball field the other day. Its a local city field, for kids. I was surprised at how the clay makes my detector go nuts! Obviously very mineralized. I did find a few coins behind home plate, which I figured I would since the catcher and umpire are always bent down. The bleachers were cemented underneath them. I didn't find much on the field, its likely a bit hard for things to get lost (I assume) since clay is pretty compacted. Maybe I should try the outfield?

Nice finds, how old is that field?
 
My best spot on a Ballfield has always been around the Shortstops position.....HH


P.S. Cool finds for sure.
 
Glad your were able to get out for a hunt, the ground is pretty dry here at the moment.
I like the old race car for one. Keep it up !
 
so I tried to hunt my first ball field the other day. Its a local city field, for kids. I was surprised at how the clay makes my detector go nuts! Obviously very mineralized. I did find a few coins behind home plate, which I figured I would since the catcher and umpire are always bent down. The bleachers were cemented underneath them. I didn't find much on the field, its likely a bit hard for things to get lost (I assume) since clay is pretty compacted. Maybe I should try the outfield?

Nice finds, how old is that field?

Field is from the '20's , No problem with mineralization here. Best spots are the outfields
especially the corners for some reason.

Plus I Avoid the infields, especially on Active fields in season.

Thanks all

1938
Untitledaaaaaaaaaa.webp

NOW
Untitledsdddddd.webp
 
Last edited:
Good hunt and finds :thumbsup: one of my favorite spots to hunt in this town is a softball complex which has been hammered hard by detectorists but it has prior history going way back so it makes for some nice finds.
 
The cars a good find with all its wheels.
 
WTG!! love the car!!
 
Very good, that could be a good place! Like the car.
 
Actually this was a slow day for this spot :laughing7:

Thanks again
 
Nice digs ,good hunting...........................................
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom