3 Silver Day - First Silver of the Year!

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have driven 100 miles each way to go treasure hunting only to be skunked due to my own bad research. I have searched many a park only to pull out only 1 silver dime in an acre or more.

Funny thing about all this is that there is a park within 5 minutes walking distance from my house. Nothing special, a tiny neighborhood park. Most houses in my neighborhood were built after 1964 so it is not an old neighborhood.

My 7 year old son wanted to go down to the park to play so I figured what the heck. Maybe I will pick up some battery money or maybe some jewelry. So I started under a big old maple tree about 50 feet from the playground and I never moved outside of 10 feet from this tree and only on 1 side. Unfortunately my hunt only lasted 1 hour or so.

I never imagined that this little park would be so productive and house the old coins that it does. All this was pulled out an area about 10ft X 10ft. All targets are shown except a piece of wire and a crushed can.

Hope everybody got out today. HH

Eric

Attachments

• coins_face.jpg
    coins_face.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 638
  • coins_reverse.jpg
    coins_reverse.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 616
  • 000_0037.jpg
    000_0037.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 636
Upvote 0
Congrats on a good hunt. 8)That park sounds like the berries. ;D

Hey Eric,
Nice finds! My elderly neighbor who passed away a few years ago, told me that when he was young,
he worked for the City Parks dept in Denver. He told me that in the 20's and 30's when new parks
were being built, it was quite routine to take dirt, trees, etc, from old parks, to new parks that were
being built. This is a possibility of how the coins got to that park, and all in one spot.
HH Slabman

WoW! 8) Ya just never know! You did good! Bet I know where you're gonna go next time out huntin! ;)

Congrats on those GREAT finds! Nana :)

All the silver I have found came from parks that really weren't all that old. Its funny how this things happen! WTG

Man that is some sweet digs for such a tiny area! Isn't it odd how such great stuff can come from such odd areas? I'd say hitting that tree was one great idea. Going back anytime soon to hit the next ten feet????
Best o' luck
~Nash~

I love the local parks! that is where I do all my hunting! Great finds on the silver! :) Just goes to show you don't have to drive a 100 miles to strike silver! ;D

Nice finds you can thank you're son later ;D I would go back and hit the heck out of that little park.

Thanks to all who replied. I went back last night and did some more digging and pulled up a few more older coins such as wheats and nickels but no more silver yet. Going back tonight for more! Hope everyone got out today.

Eric

3 birds with one stone is a great day in my book. I am still on the "1 bird with one stone per month streak". Good future luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back