What's new

3 wheaties and a pile of clad...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
2,865
Reaction score
251
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
the dates on the wheat pennies are 28, 36 and 44-d. Using stock coil, small coil gets shipped for repairs in morning. Also a polish coin says 10 groszy, 1993 and a pile of clad.
 

Attachments

  • 28, 36 44-d wheatie polish coin  15 jul..webp
    28, 36 44-d wheatie polish coin 15 jul..webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 321
  • july 15th 64 coins $4.40 3 wheaties.webp
    july 15th 64 coins $4.40 3 wheaties.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Nice old wheaties Greg, congrats on another good day!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Thanks for the responses. I am trying to hunt even slower..if that is possible! Stock coil back on detector, clad continues to be easy to pick up and have found 8 wheaties since last Monday. Decided to see if I can continue to get a few deeper signals seeing the stock coil is back on while 5.3 is headed to Sweet Home for repairs.
 
Wheaties are certainly a decent day in my opinion.
 
DFX-Gregg said:
Thanks for the responses. I am trying to hunt even slower..if that is possible! Stock coil back on detector, clad continues to be easy to pick up and have found 8 wheaties since last Monday. Decided to see if I can continue to get a few deeper signals seeing the stock coil is back on while 5.3 is headed to Sweet Home for repairs.

Trying a lower sweep and taking your time has gotten you a few more older coins... That is GREAT !!!! GOOD JOB!!!! :)
 
Nice finds.

Even after finding over 100 wheat pennies I still like finding then. Because one might be a rare VDB, and also in my area wheat pennies are an indication that silver may be nearby.

Thanks for sharing HH.

HH
 
Ant said:
Nice finds.

Even after finding over 100 wheat pennies I still like finding then. Because one might be a rare VDB, and also in my area wheat pennies are an indication that silver may be nearby.

Thanks for sharing HH.

HH

I hope you are right for my sake! On the silver that is...this is a new park for me and I have only covered about 5% of it and found the 3 wheaties.
 
Hey Gregg, nice job on the wheats. In my experience, everytime wheats begin to pop out, the silver is just sweeps away, that never seems to fail. I've only been to perhaps two patches in two parks where even though I found a wheat or two, silver didn't follow, but that is not the norm. I'm confident you will run into silver on the 95% you have left.
 
Nice finds Gregg,

Silver probably wasn't to far away.

HH Jer
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom