timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I had a pretty crummy hunt today, I bought the coins yesterday but didn't have time to search them until now. I thought the dimes would produce for sure, but they didn't. A few canadians, but no silver.
The halves I got one lousy 40%, a 68. But it did keep my streak alive, so I am happy I didn't get skunked. Things seem to really be drying up around here. Halves are so hard to find now, and the dimes just aren't cutting it anymore. I am hoping my bank will call me with a machine bag soon, it's been almost a month. Those seem to be my best scores lately.
Hope everyone is having better luck than me. August was my 2nd worst month of the year.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
TBW, lots of banks bag their customer-rolled dimes if they don't have a counter, and ship 'em out rolled. End of the month is a good time to look, some banks are under contract and could care less if they are bought up by a customer. A lot less whining by the Brinks or Gaurdia guy. ffd

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Sorry to hear about the dimes Tim, but a keeper out of thirty dollars worth ain't all that bad, plus you found some with your detector to so not to bad a day! HH.

Chuck.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfull, that is a good idea. Now that you mention it, one of the banks told me they just shipped out all of their dimes the day before. I think the end of this month I will try to hit up a big dime hunt. Dimes usually do quite well for me, almost never get skunked with them.

Riley, I held on barely, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'd much rather find a dream roll, but it does keep the streak going either way. I might get another hunt in tomorrow, if not it will have to wait till next tuesday, I'm camping this weekend.

Chuck, one isn't bad in $30 rolled halves, I'd take that ratio all day. I wish I could have scrounged up some more halves though. Hopefully our area will get some good silver around soon. The ear ring I found detecting is cool, but the weight in silver is probably just under what a silver dime is. Not bad though, can't wait to get out again.
Happy hunting all,
Bobwey

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Tim,
I had about five days in my syreak where I only got one to keep things alive.
Not unusual. Keep at it and good luck
rileyboy

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest: