timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I had a pretty crummy hunt today, I bought the coins yesterday but didn't have time to search them until now. I thought the dimes would produce for sure, but they didn't. A few canadians, but no silver.
The halves I got one lousy 40%, a 68. But it did keep my streak alive, so I am happy I didn't get skunked. Things seem to really be drying up around here. Halves are so hard to find now, and the dimes just aren't cutting it anymore. I am hoping my bank will call me with a machine bag soon, it's been almost a month. Those seem to be my best scores lately.
Hope everyone is having better luck than me. August was my 2nd worst month of the year.

Upvote 0
TBW, lots of banks bag their customer-rolled dimes if they don't have a counter, and ship 'em out rolled. End of the month is a good time to look, some banks are under contract and could care less if they are bought up by a customer. A lot less whining by the Brinks or Gaurdia guy. ffd

Sorry to hear about the dimes Tim, but a keeper out of thirty dollars worth ain't all that bad, plus you found some with your detector to so not to bad a day! HH.

Chuck.

Fistfull, that is a good idea. Now that you mention it, one of the banks told me they just shipped out all of their dimes the day before. I think the end of this month I will try to hit up a big dime hunt. Dimes usually do quite well for me, almost never get skunked with them.

Riley, I held on barely, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'd much rather find a dream roll, but it does keep the streak going either way. I might get another hunt in tomorrow, if not it will have to wait till next tuesday, I'm camping this weekend.

Chuck, one isn't bad in $30 rolled halves, I'd take that ratio all day. I wish I could have scrounged up some more halves though. Hopefully our area will get some good silver around soon. The ear ring I found detecting is cool, but the weight in silver is probably just under what a silver dime is. Not bad though, can't wait to get out again.
Happy hunting all,
Bobwey

Tim,
I had about five days in my syreak where I only got one to keep things alive.
Not unusual. Keep at it and good luck
rileyboy

I hope tomorrow brings a big batch o silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back