What's new

30 minute hunt nets clad, first 50 c piece, gold and mercury

Turtleman

Full Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II
Folks,
Had about thirty minutes to hunt in an old park in So Cal. I noticed the park workers scraped an area near the location of an old house. The foundations are all that are left now but I have found quite a few wheats from the teens and early twenties there. I thought I would search the scrape which is now a lovers lane/party place.
I landed 58 cents in clad. But my first coin of the day, laying right on top, was a 1935-S, only my third mercury since I started in January. Unfortunately it got scratched when they scraped the area but I can't complain b/c I'm not sure the Ace 250 would have found the coin had the area not been scraped. I also found my first half dollar but it is from Singapore, along with a 5c Singapore piece. A few minutes later I found the 14k gold earring which has "Italy 14k" stamped on it. It seems to be hollow so it doesn't weigh too much.
The last ten minutes I hit the adjacent wooded hillside and found a bunch of old/interesting junk ranging from a car door handle to an old metal shelf which is about 16" long. Sorry, no pictures.
Probably the most successful hunt for such a short duration I have ever had. It was a lot of fun and relaxing.
Take care,
Turtleman
 

Attachments

  • July 7 finds 5.webp
    July 7 finds 5.webp
    19 KB · Views: 335
  • July 7 finds 6.webp
    July 7 finds 6.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 334
  • July 7 finds 4.webp
    July 7 finds 4.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 338
  • July 7 finds 2.webp
    July 7 finds 2.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 332
  • July 7 finds 3.webp
    July 7 finds 3.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Sounds like you got your 30 minutes worth to me! :)
 
An old park in So. Cal?

Where by chance? I wonder if I've been to this place? Hmmmm....

Great finds!


HH from M2
 
now that was one productive 30 minute hunt ! congrats ;)
 
Pretty good for 30 minutes. Just think what you would find if you had more time.
 
Nice 30 minute hunt!!! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom