30-minute Hunt with the Legend - DEEP Quarter!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My better half asked me to pick up some wine, and on the way I noticed a small park I've never hunted before. With rain threatening I got in a very short hunt before the heavens opened up. It was a DEEP dig hunt! I recovered three quarters, two around 8"-9" (top of pinpointer was about level with top of hole), but the third quarter was 11" maybe 11.5" DEEP! I was in Park; M1; Sens 28; Recovery 3. The penny and dime were both about 7" down, and the knife was banging at 10" deep (rang up at 43-44 with Ferrous). Going out to the beach again next week to get my Salt settings dialed in. So far I really like this machine. The park was full of iron, and I didn't dig any of it!
IMG_5446.jpg IMG_5447.jpg IMG_5448.jpg

Upvote 14

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My better half asked me to pick up some wine, and on the way I noticed a small park I've never hunted before. With rain threatening I got in a very short hunt before the heavens opened up. It was a DEEP dig hunt! I recovered three quarters, two around 8"-9" (top of pinpointer was about level with top of hole), but the third quarter was 11" maybe 11.5" DEEP! I was in Park; M1; Sens 28; Recovery 3. The penny and dime were both about 7" down, and the knife was banging at 10" deep (rang up at 43-44 with Ferrous). Going out to the beach again next week to get my Salt settings dialed in. So far I really like this machine. The park was full of iron, and I didn't dig any of it!
View attachment 2018511 View attachment 2018512 View attachment 2018513
Good depths
Good catch on the brass knife

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice - I have heard so many good reports on the Vanquish that I am curious to see how the 2 compare. Its hard to beat that 540 pro pack in terms of performance and cost right now.
I am a Vanquish 540 fan boy for sure! Only problem is I can't wade in the water with it. My Equinox flooded, and I never took the replacement 800 in the water after that. I sold it and got the Vanquish. The Legend is as good (maybe better, time will tell) as the Equinox, and the coil ears are much better/stronger! I dunked it in saltwater for 10-minutes at 6-feet in depth and there were no leaks. Much different beast than the Equinox or Vanquish, with a learning curve that is slightly steeper.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2018511 View attachment 2018512 View attachment 2018513
Nice!!! Congrats!!! That's deep for clad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread