What's new

3030 grip??

ynpto804

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
646
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone wrap their handle to the 3030? I'm looking to wrap mine and I'm not sure what to use.
 
Tennis handle wraps.....
 
Vet wrap - I think by 3m
 
I use it to cover foam grips so they're easier to keep clean - just cut off and replace when it gets cruddy. I just realized the 3030 probably doesn't have any foam like my MXS. The vet wrap might work on that too.
 
here is a post I made in another forum yesterday. Maybe this will help....

One thing I notices since using the Etrac, is how gross the foam hand grip gets, especially if it is wet or muddy. It's not easy to clean and ends up looking like crud. I was afraid to use tennis racket tape or such on it for fear of ripping the foam removing it . After receiving Choppadudes Etrac last week, I had to do something. He took way to good care of it for me to dirty it up.

Ended up picking up some cling sports wrap at WallyWorld. For $5 I figured I would give it a try. I wrapped the foam grip and was pretty impressed with how tight it seemed to stay. Choppa had full covers on the Etrac, so the battery case is immaculate also. I decided to wrap that too. I have about 12 hours on it and it seems to be holding up perfectly. No adhesive to stick to the machine or grip. Easy to remove.

A $5 roll will do 4 or 5 grips depending on how much you put on, and doing the battery case I think I can get 2 machines worth out of a roll. For that price I will change it out every month or so if it is needed.





 
I used something called "Lizard Skin" it's for baseball bats. Expensive but feels good,durable and cleans easily. Other things mentioned would work with varying results....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom