What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Age range of small axe head

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,460
Reaction score
10,858
Golden Thread
0
Got this last year and decided to start the cleaning process since I cleaned the hewing axe. It's a wrap around one piece crude blacksmith made small axe. It's been used and abused apparently. Anyone got a ballpark on age ? Pre 1900s? I'm going to get rust off and seal it/add handle
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3524.webp
    IMG_3524.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3527.webp
    IMG_3527.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3526.webp
    IMG_3526.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3525.webp
    IMG_3525.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3529.webp
    IMG_3529.webp
    2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Well, it's certainly had a bit of use/abuse. I could easily go with Pre-1900,
but beyond that it'd be tough to nail down.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom