What's new

33 rolls of halfs...

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Produce 1-1968. I guess it could be worse lol.

I had a bank get me a box. Today I took 33 of them.

The rolls were all machine rolled, but in the rolls I found 10 halves that were marked on the face with a black marker. They were scattered through the 33 rolls that I opened. Not all in the same roll

Does this seem like a dump or just a coincidence? The rolls were in a sealed clear plastic bag not a box. He opened the bag and gave me 33 rolls.

I'm going to pick up the rest some time next week, but I'm not having high hopes for this batch. I may have to try another bank if I find more marked coins in the rest of the rolls.
 
Upvote 0
Well, I filled up the dimes in the coin counter at my CU. The lady came over to do what needed to be done so i could dump more. and she pulled out a clear bag much like the one you described, so its possible that they came directly from a counter ?
 
They were white and yellow machine crimped rolls. I don't believe counters roll the coins do they?
 
Hmmm you are close to Maine so it is possible that you may see more of those. I've seen a lot of marked coins in the last year and a steady increase in skunk boxes. I'm guessing that if you keep getting rolls you will see more. Persistance is the only way to win in this hobby so I would recommend... buying more rolls and boxes. You are bound to get a good box though it may take quite a few skunks to get there. There have been people here on Tnet that have had more than fifty straight skunk boxes. Myself I do way more boxes than I should but it is hard to stop and the scenery is often quite nice :tongue3:

Maine_Jim
 
Just part of the game. If you hunt halves, you are going to find marked coins. I've had boxes with hundreds in them.
 
Tonight, I went through an entire skunk box, and found an entire roll of edge marked haves from a sealed Brinks box.
 
I'd be happy with 1 68 from 33 rolls, good haul actually. CRH is only for the persevering :)
 
I am actually pretty happy with the find. It's better than not finding anything lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom