$340,000,000 what would you do, change, buy, invest, use to do good etc???

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Powerball jackpot at 340 million, I was thinking of the things that could be had, done etc if one would win. One thing on my list would be a new DFX and a coach to show me how to use it. Everyone has opinions on a favorite detector but it comes down to learning what you have. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to actually show you what the machine does??? Metal Detector University!!

Upvote 0

Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif
1. Pay off all bills
2. Wife and I quit our jobs
3. Buy property in Hawaii to live at 3-6 months a year
4. Travel the other 3-6 months a year
5. Never answer a phone again in my lifetime, if I want to talk to someone I'll call them

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Friends,
You can't eat money, drink money, or sleep with money, (Okay, maybe you can but I DON'T want to hear about it) There are only two things to do with money.
1) Invest and save. (Somebody smart...that leaves me out)
2) Blow it on wine, women, song, fast cars, and GREAT detectors. (My group)
grizzly bare

C

cm5838

what an interesting question, what would i do with $340,000,000? Oh yeah, whatever i want, whenever i want, until it is gone anyways. More then likely buy a very large yacht and just float around in the gulf of alaska, and send the wife to cooking and housekeeping school.
charles

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Colorado Bob said:
I think that I would buy the perfect woman, deaf, dumb, blond, over-sexed and owns a liquor store.

You forgot the truck and the bass boat.

C

Cape May Beach Bum

Hey, I won $35.00 had 3 out of 5 no power ball for $7.00 x 5 power play. It'll pay for parking at the beach while TH .

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jeff of pa said:
If I win You'll See A contest on Here For A Suitcase Containing $1,000,000.00 In CASH,

Jeff, guess you get to keep your $1,000,000 unless you still feel like running the contest anyway. ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
jeff of pa said:
If I win You'll See A contest on Here For A Suitcase Containing $1,000,000.00 In CASH,

Jeff, guess you get to keep your $1,000,000 unless you still feel like running the contest anyway. ;D

How Do You Know I'm Not the One Winner ?

Actually I only had the 21 Right :(

Well at least I wont need to buy another Ticket Till it hits a Hundred Mill Again ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sorry to hear just 1 # right. Guess you'll just have to keep staying used to the one Explorer instead of one for each day of the week. ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I would Have Bought a New Car Everytime the Gas Tank Hit the Quarter Mark Too.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff , I like your idea about buying properties and starting a hunt club. That would be great and I for one would definitely join.

My thoughts on the 340 Million.

1. Save/invest 1/2.
2. Go on the trips I have been putting off: Ireland, Alaska, Australia.
3. Make all (most) my relatives millionaires.
4. Give a little to a few choice charities.
5. Build 3 or 4 houses around the country.
6. I would not buy a lot of big ticket items as it might be cheaper to rent them when I want too.
7. Consider having surgery to remove the grin from my face.

News:? ?By the way I hit 5 out of 6 numbers in the MD state Lotto In August. I had the number I missed on my other ticket. Winning with 6 numbers would have been over a million, 5 numbers was $1,500. Not bad but why could i have just had the number 4 on my winning ticket? I said this a lot for about a week. Oh, well I did win didn't.

Ed Donovan

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I agree with Jeff, buy plenty of historic properties. TH full time. I would hold a contest online with about 12 winners going on an all-expense paid detecting vacation to England with me! After that I would need to stay creative, hold some more contests to detect some of my historic properties with me. Put on some nice hunts for forum buddies at some nice spots, all free for my online friends. It would be the most fun that you could have with your britches on! ;D

Rich

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich,

I hope you do win a large lottery. By the way the name is Ed Donovan alias "ecdonovan10". You can reach me by email.! Ha!Ha!

Ed

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
You bet Ed! What I posted was as serious as I get. If I came into a lot of money I would be into some great hunts and taking friends with me ;D

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread