timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a buddy out for the first time metal detecting and let him use my Fisher F5, he enjoyed it. One good thing he got to see me pull this silver ring out if the ground, hopefully he hooked......

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447619807.542145.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447619826.844259.jpg

Upvote 7
Congrats on pulling the silver ring. Did your friend pull anything cool? I would think the F5 is a hard machine for a newbie to set up.

My friend found what he thought was a lot of clad. He was getting excited when quarters were popping out of the ground. As far a setup on the F5 I put it in the settings that's was needed for the area. He was pulling coins out at 6" and digging bigger I teams out further down. So he was impressed with the machine. For someone who never used a detector before he got good by the end of the couple hours. At first he said it harder than it looks.... I did pull out a wheat out over 8" down with the safari but the F5 couldn't pick it up. He impressed at how far the safari could pick up a coin. This was my first time at this park, so I'll be back. It looks like the Safari will sniff out what other could not find.

congrats! I like that ring!!!

My friend found what he thought was a lot of clad. He was getting excited when quarters were popping out of the ground. As far a setup on the F5 I put it in the settings that's was needed for the area. He was pulling coins out at 6" and digging bigger I teams out further down. So he was impressed with the machine. For someone who never used a detector before he got good by the end of the couple hours. At first he said it harder than it looks.... I did pull out a wheat out over 8" down with the safari but the F5 couldn't pick it up. He impressed at how far the safari could pick up a coin. This was my first time at this park, so I'll be back. It looks like the Safari will sniff out what other could not find.
Congrats on your silver ring find,, the Minelabs will go deep. I pulled a Mercury Dime from 9 inches but my E-trac will go deeper and has located wheat pennies at 10 to 12 inch depths. That to me is deep enough.

Beautiful basketweave pattern sterling ring, Timelord. There is nothing like seeing silver or gold jewelry come out of the ground, with the soil refusing to stick to it! (diamonds too for that matter....) Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back