What's new

39 Silver Dollars from the 1800s

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

Is what the teller at the bank next door told me...............

I'll explane.

Yesterday after running my 2 skunk boxes through the coin counter at my dump bank. I went up to collect my cash and my favorite young teller says. Oh man This women tried to run some old silver dollars through the coin counter and it got jammed. When she showed my manager that she had more, The manager told her to take them to a coin dealer cause she could get more than a dollar apiece for them. The women said she didn't care but the manager insisted.

My favorite teller says she thought of me right away...........

I said that was nice of her manager to tell her that cause that poor old lady could probably use the extra cash to buy groceries. She said "oh no she was about 35 years old" Hmmm I said well that was nice of your manager to let her know they had more value than $1 ea.

Here is my phone number and the next time that happens call me. I could be here in 5 minutes and I will buy them for whatever the coin shop is offering. :tongue3:

My son in law was with me and when we got out of the bank I told him. I bet that women just went to the bank next door and cashed them there. It was already past closing time so I told him guess where I'm going tommorrow morning. ;D

So this morning I go to the bank next door and ask the teller if he had gotten any halves or large dollars in?

He said no, but a woman came in last week with 39 silver dollars from the 1800's...... Man! he said, I would have bought them myself but the teller who waited on her directed her to take them to the coin shop 3 miles down the road...........

So I left that bank and thought to myself.....which way did she go which way did she go......... :icon_scratch: :-\

Well I didn't get those coins but my hunch was right. >:(

Mojo
 
Upvote 0
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

Ouch. Dont let things like that drive you nuts. It can be maddening to consider the "what ifs"
Just savor the times that you hit a good score, and blow off the misses.
Its all about being in the right spot at the right time and knowing what questions to ask.
believe me I would have loved to have been bale to snatch up the $5000 face value in silver 1920s era Standing Liberty Quarters I was told about a guy tried to deposit last year at a local Credit union.
but I savor the moments when i get a collection in a bank bag, or when I find a solid roll etc.
 
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

Thanks for responding Dave.

Mojo
 
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

I missed this post Mojo......neat story.

I wonder where they eventually ended up? If you could just have been there at the same time she was......

Sometimes timing is everything........
 
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

Damn Mojo that would have been a great score , but those what ifs will drive someone crazy ... anyways giving that teller your phone number just might pay off big dividends in the future ..
 
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

LJ said:
I missed this post Mojo......neat story.
I wonder where they eventually ended up? If you could just have been there at the same time she was.....

Yea LJ

I also wonder how much is sitting in that box that she did get through (Dimes, standing liberty Quarters, Weaties. V nickles) I can't buy it. It holds over 500 lbs. of mixed change. They sort it elswhere.

Scalper said:
Damn Mojo that would have been a great score , but those what ifs will drive someone crazy ... anyways giving that teller your phone number just might pay off big dividends in the future ..

Scalper

What ever happend with that woman who was supposed to sell you some old silver coins or something or the other a couple weeks back?

Mojo
 
Re: 39 Silver Dollars from the 1800's

I stopped by here house a couple of days ago but she and her husband were gone... come to find out they go to meals for me ... so I missed them around lunch time... I have been so busy that I havent had a chance to catch up with her.... no worries though she wont sell them to anyone else , we are tight ... plus I starting to get caught up on a bunch of stuff so I wil have more time to go see , getting ready to start my summer job ... anyways I have no idea what she has for coinage but I know that they have a pile of stuff to unload on ebay ..... I will update the posts when I do find out what she has for coins ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom