What's new

3K in dimes (12 boxes)

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
just finished. thought i would have done better, slim pickens. the 12 boxes gave up four silver rossies. that's it. man my eyes are hurtin :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
I would be posting a lot of :'(. that stinks, doing it again?
 
i will probably order more dimes for next week. depends on how the dumping goes. hope i can fly under the radar with them and use the coin counter.
 
I think your only issue with dimes is that some counting machines will either count them as pennies, or reject them causing you to be shorted.
 
That is not so great, that's a lot of boxes for some tiny silver, does it seem like dimes are not doing well lately to anyone else?

Chuck.
 
I just finished 4k in dimes and my eyes are hurting too.
HH
Rich
 
sensesfailed069 said:
I think your only issue with dimes is that some counting machines will either count them as pennies, or reject them causing you to be shorted.

I've only searched one bag of dimes lifetime, but the count was spot on when I dumped them. So either some machines count dimes properly, or I got EXTREMELY lucky. Personally with all the horror stories on here, I'd "test" the machine(s) with small amounts before dumping the whole thing.
 
Could be worse. I once did 8 boxes and all are skunks.
 
Pretty slim there SC - I did one box this week and got one. I did the clear rapped rolls so I only opened seven rolls. The teller where I returned the rolled dimes tried to give me $315 for my $215 worth of dimes...I thought I was in for an easy dump instead I had to to have a momentary moral issue. I had to count them out for her twice. She was most appreciative. I thought I might be able to parlay it into getting the half bag off the sorter but the manager squashed that idea.... :( Good luck on your next batch!

Maine_Jim
 
Some silver better than none. I can only do 1 dime box per week or my eyes are nutso. You gotta be a young to handle that load. :laughing9:

apush :read2:
 
apush said:
Some silver better than none. I can only do 1 dime box per week or my eyes are nutso. You gotta be a young to handle that load. :laughing9:

apush :read2:i will be 43 next month
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom