Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didn't end until Sunday and of the folks on TNet who I know post here, I know two are in the middle of travelling home (myself included) and 1 is very likely tired from organizing the event, cleaning up after and the hike we took this morning/afternoon. By the way djui, I'm more tired today than I was afer yesterday's hike and I definitely got a little too much sun - noticed that when I tried to wash my face at Walmart before I left :-).

I had a fantastic time, met an assortment of really really nice folks who could and in many cases HAVE filled books with the history of their searches.

BB - before I get on the plane, I have to tell you that the sheer amount of experience hiking and searching in those mountains as well aslmost limitless resources and research done by just the folks who attended the rendevouz was phenomenal to say the least. You may or may not be onto something with your research, but after my experience the last few days, I would be more than very surprised if the 40 sites you plan to search haven't already been physically investigated. In fact I don't believe it's a significant stretch of the imagination to say that > 99% of the Superstition Mountains has had human contact in the last 50 years. There is likely still plenty of things to find out there, but if so, they are hidden in such a way that it will take a significant effort to locate them - whether that be digging, some type of ground penetrating radar or otherwise.

I'll post pictures and more tomorrow after a good long soak in the hot tub!!!

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i agree ,led climbing gear and a lot of skill . a good navigational insight and a lot of hard work ... its not a matter of digging its a matter of what you dont see . and that has very little to do with what you do see ...you can set on a rock and look the area over for a hour and think you see 95%
move 20ft away and start all over again lol ..... i noted this the frist time i went .... the secound time i wanted to locate a given area , and then i found out the area that i wanted to see was over 1 1/2 miles away . so .you could send a life time out there and think you had seen everything . and not even see 10% ....it only take .001 to miss the find completly ...

i am glad everyone had a good time .. rest and let us see those pictures when you can ...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told a story of how they got to an area once where they had to inch along a narrow edge sideways while hanging onto another small ledge above to try to get to what appeared to be an opening of some sort.

As that person got closer to it, they had that exciting feeling of possibly being the first person to ever reach that spot as it was inches away from falling to your death and was not only not easy to reach, but not easy to see that anything might be there anyways.

When he reached it and finally got a chance to see into the area, he saw a cigarette butt and some cans!

Taking a long shower and probably a nap - couldn't sleep on the plane last night and I'm mighty tired - will post pictures later tonight.

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
ya but ya got to remember the man tha looked for a sunken ship for 30 years and then a strom comes up and moves the sand bottom around a little and there it is ..nature is a funny thing it can cover something up for 30 years and the next day leave t high and dry ..

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cubfan,
I'm red as a tomato! :D :D It was great to meet you and I'm very glad you showed up :)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I apologise Randy,
Had to make time for my daughter.
I don't see her enough to put something like that aside.

Thom

Attachments

• Kelly_10-28-07_002 A.jpg
    Kelly_10-28-07_002 A.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 657

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thom,

Really sorry you couldn't make it to the Rendezvous. Maybe next year.

Randy, Wayne and Greg Davis really did a great job of organizing the event this year. My personal thanks to each of them.

For some reason Doug, who found the location, did not make it back. I hope he is OK.

Already looking forward to next years meet.

Tale care,

Joe

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I haven't heard from Doug either,
I'm sure he will turn up.

I was looking forward to that cuppa Joe.
I am making plans for next year already.

Thom

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, here are some pictures.....

Attachments

• upper dacite vein.jpg
    upper dacite vein.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 596
  • saguaro.jpg
    saguaro.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 581
  • pictograph.jpg
    pictograph.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 603
  • needle.jpg
    needle.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 594
  • mountain3.jpg
    mountain3.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 627
  • mountain2.jpg
    mountain2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 623
  • mountain1.jpg
    mountain1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 623
  • first view.jpg
    first view.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 681
  • horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 691
  • mine entrance.jpg
    mine entrance.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 678
  • Larry.jpg
    Larry.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 647
  • miners needle from ranch.jpg
    miners needle from ranch.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 654

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Great pictures, Fan, but for those of us unable to attend, where are the people faces?

By the way, are the Cubbies going to sign Arod?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
Great pictures, Fan, but for those of us unable to attend, where are the people faces?

By the way, are the Cubbies going to sign Arod?

Second question first...

I doubt it - they have to finalize the purchase of the organization before any kind of budget can be decided. In my opinion, the only way they'll spend that kind of money is if Mark Cuban ends up being the buyer and I think the odds of that are slim to none unfortunately :(

He's probably the best player of this era, but even at that, one hitter won't turn the Cubs into a championship team and a $30 million/year for 10 years would really put them into a bind to spend money on the rest of what would be needed.

In regards to your first question... I have a few pictures of the group, but I don't take many "people" photos for some reason (I never do). Besides that, I would be uncomfortable naming any names without the person in the picture OK'ing it.

I know other folks took way more people photos, so I'll bet they post them soon. We had lots of people there that's for sure. Last count was somewhere around 60-75.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
People pictures:

Attachments

• At The Big Ramada.JPG
    At The Big Ramada.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Wendell and Brad.JPG
    Wendell and Brad.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 550
  • Thomas Glover and Jack Carlson.JPG
    Thomas Glover and Jack Carlson.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Small Gathering.JPG
    Small Gathering.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 555
  • Ron Feldman and Wayne.JPG
    Ron Feldman and Wayne.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 546
  • Randy and Jack Carlson.JPG
    Randy and Jack Carlson.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Randy.JPG
    Randy.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 553
  • Paul and Dave.JPG
    Paul and Dave.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 557
  • Paul.JPG
    Paul.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Josh Feldman and his Dad.JPG
    Josh Feldman and his Dad.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 568
  • Brad and Gloria.JPG
    Brad and Gloria.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 579
  • At The Quarter Circle -U.JPG
    At The Quarter Circle -U.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 554

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pictures CJ - thanks!! I've never been very good at remembering to take photos of people! I do have a few I'll try to get posted tonight.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No BB - Clay was not there. We had noted authors, an exceptional historian as well as actual LDM hunters such as Ron Feldman.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Sorry That I missed all the fun I went with the Red Cross to ca. to help with the Fires that they are having I got back last nite maybe I can attend next year ??? Buck

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
Cubfan64 said:
No BB - Clay was not there. We had noted authors, an exceptional historian as well as actual LDM hunters such as Ron Feldman.

i saw ron in the pics .. i would have like to talk to ron . more then clay .. let me explan why . ron took alot of flack from digging up that spring from what i herd . but note . he tryed to find something and kept to his guns and did try to make a recovery .... that i respect ....if found anything had little to do with the brass to go and look ...but after working for my permits i know what and why Ron had to do a lot to get his permits to try ..that takes more then most of you know ...

but yes i would have to say talking to Ron would have been worth the trip if it was me ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions