3rd Annual Lost Dutchman Rendevous

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Posted this on the LDM Forum, and just wanted to make sure everyone understands about the CD that will be put together of the Rendezvous'. It would be nice to have everyone's pictures, but the CD will be put together with what we have and whatever we get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary,

Hope all is well with you and the wife.

I am hoping to put together one CD of all three Rendezvous'. If everyone will send me a CD of their pictures of this years event, I will send them to David Leach, who has said he will put them together.

Once I get the finished product from Dave, I will mail them to whoever wants one. Send them to:

Joe Ribaudo
2125 McCulloch Blvd. Ste. B
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

There were three planned speakers: Jack San Felice, Harry, from "Team Fever" and the Ranger from the local arm of the Arizona Rangers.

Others (unplanned) got up and gave short talks as well. My personal opinion was that it was a roaring success. Randy, Wayne and Greg did a great job. There were small gatherings as well as the planned meets at the Big Ramada.

Questions were asked, and answers came from every direction possible.

I don't know how free Greg will be with his recordings, but I believe each of the talks was fully recorded. Perhaps he can be persuaded to compile all three years into one CD and send them to those who request them.

I doubt he would have much trouble getting the money to convert them to CD. I am offering my share right now, and knowing Greg does not have much time for such things, I would also mail them out.

Once again, anyone who does not want their picture of such a CD, will need to say so. Your wishes will be honored.

Paul came from New Hampshire, Roger and Wendell came from Texas, Dave Leach from New Mexico and others also travelled a great distance to attend. You need to start making plans for next years Rendezvous...Now.

Really sorry you and Carol were unable to attend.

Take care,

Joe

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Joe,
I haven't heard directly from Doug. I have heard round about that he had a tierod break and spent the major portion of his trip getting that fixed at the dealership.
He was pretty steamed about the trip from what I understand.
He will call me when he has cooled off enough to talk, and fill me in.

Figured you all would apreciate knowing he is OK.

Thom

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CJ,
Just got around to the forum after catching up on teaching and r& r in Vegas with my wife. ;D

Great pics of the rendezvous both this year and last.

Sorry to have missed out on the first round of scheduled events but did manage to go with Randy and cubfan up to see the mine by the trailhead. "5 minutes" he says. At least a half hour later we made it there. Just as the sun set and the Indian chanting from below started. It was almost dark when we got to the mine. I'm a bit out of shape, and need a few rest stops on the climb . >:( ??? :'(

Randy,

Your picture of the "hole" looks pretty good. I haven't even taken time to go through the ones I took. I will check them out and dispatch any that I think you and/or cj may want for the "collection" CD.

-dustcap

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to try to get out to the Lost Dutchman Rendevous i was out that way last year but at the wrong time................................. ==Jim==

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roachnjim said:
I am going to try to get out to the Lost Dutchman Rendevous i was out that way last year but at the wrong time................................. ==Jim==

Hi Jim - you missed it this year as it was the last few days of October. It's almost a guarantee that there'll be another one next year around that same though if I was a betting man.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was looking back at some of the old treasure legends posts and I saw where the blindwoman claims she found the lost Dutchman mine and Tayopa mine. This was about a year ago. What happened?

W

woodpecker

excellent pictures wish could of attended , who knows possibly next year

woody

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread