DavidBeard
Hero Member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2008
- Messages
- 507
- Reaction score
- 44
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Derbyshire
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I'll keep you posted.
They call it a hoard but its only 3 coins)

All within a few inches of each other so definitely been buried (or lost) together. and all in almost perfect condition - cleaned with a little lemon juice.
3rd century Antoninianus (these replaced the Denarius I think):
Philip I 244 AD

Valerian I 253 AD

and Salonina (Wife of Gallienus) 253 - 268 AD

IT'S OFFICIALLY TREASURE! Now taken off my hands and at the British Museum London - waiting for further news.
Best wishes,
David x
I'll keep you posted.
They call it a hoard but its only 3 coins)

All within a few inches of each other so definitely been buried (or lost) together. and all in almost perfect condition - cleaned with a little lemon juice.
3rd century Antoninianus (these replaced the Denarius I think):
Philip I 244 AD

Valerian I 253 AD

and Salonina (Wife of Gallienus) 253 - 268 AD

IT'S OFFICIALLY TREASURE! Now taken off my hands and at the British Museum London - waiting for further news.
Best wishes,
David x
Last edited:
Upvote
0


those look great all cleaned up ! well done
got to be a banner find 







