What's new

3rd hunt on site, still good to me!

STRIKE HOLD Logan

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Six more silver coins from front yard, buffalo, possible CW pistol bullet, 50's tootsie toy plane, 1953/54 rabies tags and best find a silver bracelet(prop owner has but I will be getting pics soon. I think I will start working sides and backyard this weekend. So far 17 silver coins and three cw bullets. HH friends....

ForumRunner_20140304_202209.webp



ForumRunner_20140304_202237.webp



ForumRunner_20140304_202259.webp
 
Upvote 31
Congrats.You have an awesome site you are hunting.Have fun.HH
 
Great_Outstanding_Find_003.gif
Thanks for sharing...
 
Right on! Great that the older finds keep coming at that site! :hello2: :occasion18: :hello2: HAVE FUN! Andi
 
Awesome finds,thanks for sharing.
 
That's one great yard. Keep going.
 
That's crazy the amount of silver you are finding from one site. The most I have found in one location was 8 coins, after about 5 hunts. Usually, I only find one silver coin at a site. Good luck!
 
Nice silver, awesome yard.
 
A lot of people bash the at pro but I love it. Especially with the 5x8 coil.
 
Thanks for sharing, nice job at that rate I would keep going back until it stopped giving GL and HH:occasion14:
 
A lot of people bash the at pro but I love it. Especially with the 5x8 coil.

I left a comment about the AT Pro on another thread and someone ran with it and thought I was totally trashing it. I think it is a very good detector, especially for the money and I recommend it, but I spent A LOT MORE money and got the detectors I use now and they are just in a different league. Doesn't mean they will find coins any better, I just prefer the detectors I have now.
 
I would love to get a CTX 3030 in the future but the better half would be upset for quite awhile.
 
I would love to get a CTX 3030 in the future but the better half would be upset for quite awhile.

Its a great detector and I smoke people with it, but it is very expensive. I have found a lot of silver coins behind folks. I got it for a good price, and I am about halfway paying for it in 6 months in finds, although it will take me another year to pay for all the coils and additional accessories. :unhappysmiley:

Knowing what I know about the CTX, I wouldn't hesitate paying $1700 for a used one.
 
A lot of people bash the at pro but I love it. Especially with the 5x8 coil.
How deep were the mercs and barber? I have the 5x8 coil but i cant help but feel like im losing depth even though iv only given it a few chances
 
They were between 5 to 8 inches. I also have been thinking about the depth and next time back I will hit the same area with the stock coil. The yard was mostly clean of trash targets and I think that helped a lot. I just love the target separation with the small coil. Will re-check with stock this weekend.
 
They were between 5 to 8 inches. I also have been thinking about the depth and next time back I will hit the same area with the stock coil. The yard was mostly clean of trash targets and I think that helped a lot. I just love the target separation with the small coil. Will re-check with stock this weekend.
cool!---i got so used to the stock coil in trashy areas i was hesitant to switch when i bought the 5x8. I also talked to Garrett about a different issue and they advised not to change the coils frequently because I guess the interface is easy to damage.

Im trying the 5X8 coil in some trashy, old areas this weekend and hopefully ill have a silver hunt like yours
 
Great yard you have going! Congrats!
 
cool!---i got so used to the stock coil in trashy areas i was hesitant to switch when i bought the 5x8. I also talked to Garrett about a different issue and they advised not to change the coils frequently because I guess the interface is easy to damage.

Im trying the 5X8 coil in some trashy, old areas this weekend and hopefully ill have a silver hunt like yours

I went back over some hard hit areas when I got the smaller coil and I was able to pick more from them. It is much easier to get between signals with the smaller coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom