What's new

4.5" celt +

captain redbeard

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
1,038
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day. Got out of work and walked a small corner of a tiny field and found a whole point right off the bat. Walked a little more then decided to hit the big field. Kind of doing some scouting to find more hotspots before they plow (hoping they do anyways) and in a spot I havent walked found this 4.5"celt, my biggest yet and 3rd from this field.
1492895978924.webp1492895989067.webp1492896002407.webp1492896012128.webp

1492896048127.webp

Some scrapers and a piece that looked like a gun flint on the ground
1492896173911.webp

This piece looks like some kind of cutting tool
1492896220251.webp
1492896237000.webp1492896247567.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1492896280049.webp
    1492896280049.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
That is sweet, love the color variations in the slate. Nice save, Congrats!
 
Dang thats a find lets see all 3 Celts together. Nice color on that one.
 
The adze and small celt were found same day about 10ft apart. The black celt was the first find ever in this field about 10 minutes in. The other celt was found actually not far from the big one today.
 

Attachments

  • 1492901029618.webp
    1492901029618.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 83
middle top row lets see it closer
 
You got it.
 

Attachments

  • 1492901996085.webp
    1492901996085.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 1492902005762.webp
    1492902005762.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 1492902014513.webp
    1492902014513.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1492902023312.webp
    1492902023312.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 70
So are they slate or something else? I see it has a bit on it I was hoping it was a Gorget. That field is loaded with Celts
 
I have seen some stones in the field with same color and white veins and they werent slate, but if I had to make an amateur guess id say not. I honestly dont know what material they are.
 
Beautiful stuff partner!
 
Really nice finds.... That's a good looking Celt ....never found one but posts like this keep me hopeful
 
Only one that really stuck out was the black one it was real dry light dirt and real sunny. Its quite glossy, so it stuck out like a sore thumb. Other ones weren't as easy to see mainly part of the edges gave them away. Big one was straight up and down with part of edge sticking out.


1492912243283.webp1492912260315.webp

Closest to insitu I could get, got a bit excited :D
 
All right, good for you and good eye. They look almost same color as the field dirt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom