goodtimecharlie
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 11, 2012
- Messages
- 57
- Reaction score
- 133
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- winfield,ks.
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I picked up a five pin 4" coil for 30 bucks. I couldn't pass it up for that price. I will be using it on the Outlaw and maybe the Mojave some. There are some places I think it may be a good thing to have. I'm still learning the Outlaw I picked up last week and so far I really like it. I have found a few places where the Mojave will work better some of the tot lots that have gravel instead of wood chips. The Outlaw seems to chatter a little where the Mojave works fine.
IMHO: When dealing with the different ground covering at playgrounds try ground balancing again over the different material and lower your sensitivity by one/two positions. I believe people think that you need to set the sensitivity at 10 or more for the machine to work well, not true. I set mine between 6 - 8 depending on the place and the goodies flow into my pouch. Lastly, in playground areas the coins and jewelry in most cases are no deeper than 4" - 5". The machine can easily hit them with these settings. I also ground balance a bit negative which for me increase depth and target clarity without increasing my sensitivity. Again, this is how I set my machine others may have a different approach, just place around with the settings in your test bed and playground area.






