What's new

4 boxes from Brinks today

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks pennies are sucking this year............6 wheats 2nd worse box this year

3 boxes of halves
box 1: SKUNK

box 2: 4-40%
1979s

box 3: 1981s
magic coin............ :-\

if anyone needs a magic coin, I trade it for a 40% half, I don't need anymore of these things
 

Attachments

  • S6301708.webp
    S6301708.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
I'll trade if that magic coin can turn my clad into silver.
 
I actually just did my first brinks box a little while ago. It was pennies. I managed to get seven wheats, which is about my average. The last 3 boxes (fed boxes) I did only had four wheats.
 
I have been getting 17-18 a box from brinks till last week
 
How can you tell a magic coin from a regular half? What dates are they?
 
dates are all different, you have to drop the coin on your table, it will sound hollow, I rim search first them lay them on the table to scan for proofs, oddities, errors etc, as I flipped the coin over it sounded dull and hollow, I knew right away it was a magic coin.
 
Sounds like the magic coins might be looked over by me. Maybe that's why you're picking them up all the time, you know them. Anyway, how do you find the "S" mintmarks. Are they very obvious or do you look at every single mint mark?
 
alabamadan said:
Sounds like the magic coins might be looked over by me. Maybe that's why you're picking them up all the time, you know them. Anyway, how do you find the "S" mintmarks. Are they very obvious or do you look at every single mint mark?
the "s" mintmarks are proofs someone has removed from a proof set and turned into a bank, can you see in my photo they are very shiny, they has a mirror like finish, very easy to spot
 
Alabambdan, you can spot the "S" mintmarks readily as most will have mirror like fields and frosted devices, both front and back. They are much more attractive than a regular strike. HH

FL. Junkman
 
FL Junkman said:
Alabambdan, you can spot the "S" mintmarks readily as most will have mirror like fields and frosted devices, both front and back. They are much more attractive than a regular strike. HH

FL. Junkman

That's what I was hoping.
 
Not too shabby bro.

Also the proof coins - most of them are thicker than regular strike coins. I edge hunt too and I keep an eye out for thicker coins, sofar I found 3 by hunting this way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom