Fattony315
Full Member
- Joined
- May 17, 2013
- Messages
- 242
- Reaction score
- 521
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Up state ny
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
a friend and I hunted a foundation today that we hunted 2 years ago. We didn't find much then but we wanted to check it again. so for the first hour I hunted around the foundation. I picked up 1 signal. To the left of the foundation, about 50 yards away was a flat area. It was 1/2 the size of a football field and it sloped down to a creek. I started swing there and hit a 82 on the AT pro. After removing 4 inches of snow and leaves, 2 inches down was copper #1. 2 swings away from that hole, I get a 77, dig the hole and at 4 inchs, out comes #2 a half cent ( my 1st and bucket list coin). I work the flat picking up 3 buttons. I'm working in a circle and get an 82 again. 4 inches down copper #3. I work my way back toward the first hole and another 82. Dig out copper #4. This all happened in about 45minutes. That is my best day ever. Hh




Upvote
54
Sorry about my camera gaffe. (forgot the SD card in my camera today
). The cell phone backup pics came out pretty good though. That second classic head looks like 1809... that's the only date that fits. For a while there I couldn't even pick up my detector because every time I did I heard "COPPER" and had to come running over.
Two classic heads in the same day is interesting. Definitely an older site with no matron heads turning up. I'm still wondering what that larger flat button is. There definitely seems to be something there. The smaller button is sweet. Never saw one exactly like that before.






