🔎 UNIDENTIFIED 4 foreign coins. Need ID

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D87CC4B2-7E8F-40FB-BB9C-AE4635CBA15A.jpeg

B8652786-C279-4BE0-B09A-120002FE1838.jpeg

Could someone please help me ID these? I bought all these at an antique store for two dollars. I have no idea what they are.

I will try to get better pictures in just a moment.

Any help will be appreciated,

Jared

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chinese coins other than that I don't know.

Upvote 1

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little assortment. The second one is a bit worn and suffers from poor contrast lighting in your pictures, so I can’t reliably identify it. The others are all ‘cash’ coins from the Qing Dynasty of China. Note that Chinese Emperor names get various degrees of ‘anglicisation’ and that Emperors had a reign title, a temple name and a posthumous name, so you’ll see various alternatives depending on individual reference sources.

The first one is Shunzhi Emperor (also Shih Tsu or Shizu) and from between 1644-1661. It’s the 4th series of his coinage, so from the later part of his reign. The reverse Chinese/manchurain characters for “Boo Ciowan” (Board of Revenue mint, Beijing) and “Pao-Ch'uan” (The Fountain head of the Currency).

The third one is Daoguang Emperor (also Hsuan Tsung or Xuanzong) from between 1821-1850. Also Board of Revenue mint.

The last one is a higher denomination, I think 10 cash. It’s Guangxu Emperor (also Dezong) who ruled between 1875-1908, but looks to be from between 1903-1905. Like this one:

Sadly, none of them have high collector value in a monetary sense, but you did OK at two dollars.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little assortment. The second one is a bit worn and suffers from poor contrast lighting in your pictures, so I can’t reliably identify it. The others are all ‘cash’ coins from the Qing Dynasty of China. Note that Chinese Emperor names get various degrees of ‘anglicisation’ and that Emperors had a reign title, a temple name and a posthumous name, so you’ll see various alternatives depending on individual reference sources.

The first one is Shunzhi Emperor (also Shih Tsu or Shizu) and from between 1644-1661. It’s the 4th series of his coinage, so from the later part of his reign. The reverse Chinese/manchurain characters for “Boo Ciowan” (Board of Revenue mint, Beijing) and “Pao-Ch'uan” (The Fountain head of the Currency).

The third one is Daoguang Emperor (also Hsuan Tsung or Xuanzong) from between 1821-1850. Also Board of Revenue mint.

The last one is a higher denomination, I think 10 cash. It’s Guangxu Emperor (also Dezong) who ruled between 1875-1908, but looks to be from between 1903-1905. Like this one:

Sadly, none of them have high collector value in a monetary sense, but you did OK at two dollars.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.

To me, the monetary value doesn’t matter. I just like interesting coins.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions