What's new

4" Jet Pump Design

Very interesting! Have you done anymore testing?
 
Very interesting! Have you done anymore testing?

I'm using this newer design now, it creates powerful suction at 2/3 to 1/2 throttle. I've tested it 10' deep with no issues pulling up material. I used it for 4 hours the other day, didn't get any clogs which was a problem I had with the previous versions.

Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 11.34.05 PM.webp
 
I like your design ! but the shape of the 4 water inlet tubes will pobley drop the waters PSI at the sweet spot and have a reduced suction at your nozzle . a water filled vacuum gauge would determine its suction at the nozzle . a test would tell ! But you did a nice job on this !!
 
There sure is a LOT of VERY SMART people on this website. This is probably why I feel OUT OF PLACE LOL
 
Gare we are all learning something all the time ! Your not OUT OF PLACE here ! you fit in just fine with us ! :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :occasion14:
 
some very good info thanks I was thinking about setting one of these up to get rid of some sand were i want to detect under water.
 
I like your design ! but the shape of the 4 water inlet tubes will pobley drop the waters PSI at the sweet spot and have a reduced suction at your nozzle . a water filled vacuum gauge would determine its suction at the nozzle . a test would tell ! But you did a nice job on this !!

I'm sure there's room for optimization, it meets my needs for now. At full throttle, it produces a jet of water out of the flare that goes above the sluice riffles. The first time I ran it at full throttle, I was confused, thought the high pressure hose had come off at first.
 
Thats all that matters for now if it meets your needs ! Nice job and presentation & THANKS for posting your idea !
 
I'm sure there's room for optimization, it meets my needs for now. At full throttle, it produces a jet of water out of the flare that goes above the sluice riffles. The first time I ran it at full throttle, I was confused, thought the high pressure hose had come off at first.
That generally means that you need a longer feed tube to get the jets deeper in the water...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom