4 large cents, one hole!

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to Wilmington to see family this past weekend and my brother, dad, and I all went out hunting to my dads friends house. The house is from the 50’s, but according to the owner the area was the site of a saltworks during and before the civil war. My dad just likes to watch and see what we find. My best find was a modern dime. My brother pulled these four large cents out of one hole, 1820, 40, 46, and 51 were the dates I believe. I was extremely jealous, my brother says that’s his favorite part of finding them. We think someone must have lost them sitting there next to the marsh, maybe a drunken nap? He gave one to the landowner, one to me, and one to my dad. All in all, it was a good time spent with family, and I’m happy at least someone found something.
IMG_5121.jpeg

Upvote 33

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to Wilmington to see family this past weekend and my brother, dad, and I all went out hunting to my dads friends house. The house is from the 50’s, but according to the owner the area was the site of a saltworks during and before the civil war. My dad just likes to watch and see what we find. My best find was a modern dime. My brother pulled these four large cents out of one hole, 1820, 40, 46, and 51 were the dates I believe. I was extremely jealous, my brother says that’s his favorite part of finding them. We think someone must have lost them sitting there next to the marsh, maybe a drunken nap? He gave one to the landowner, one to me, and one to my dad. All in all, it was a good time spent with family, and I’m happy at least someone found something. View attachment 2098208
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went down to Wilmington to see family this past weekend and my brother, dad, and I all went out hunting to my dads friends house. The house is from the 50’s, but according to the owner the area was the site of a saltworks during and before the civil war. My dad just likes to watch and see what we find. My best find was a modern dime. My brother pulled these four large cents out of one hole, 1820, 40, 46, and 51 were the dates I believe. I was extremely jealous, my brother says that’s his favorite part of finding them. We think someone must have lost them sitting there next to the marsh, maybe a drunken nap? He gave one to the landowner, one to me, and one to my dad. All in all, it was a good time spent with family, and I’m happy at least someone found something. View attachment 2098208
Awesome

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Very cool brother you have. Nice that he gave everyone a share!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING FIND !! Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions