MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hello All,

It has been quite a while since I have posted any finds (partially because I have not found much) but I have been getting out with raidersfan4 to his exclusive sweet spot. Thank you again Bobby for taking me!

The 1st time he took me out there he made the banner find of the Ohio Belt Plate (check it out above). This is a great site. It was an old coal town which saw its hayday from about 1897 to 1927.

Any how in the 2 visits there I have dug a ton of holes and have some decent relics to show for my efforts. The 1st pic shows most of the good stuff in one shot. 2nd pic shows a close up of part of a bronze statue and a cameo that I found. I thought they were cool. 3rd & 4th pic show the 4 Indians that were found (1880, 1888, a nice 1897, and a 1900).

The token reads "Home Savings Bank, Des Moines, Iowa" "We accept this as fifty cents when opening a new savings account of five dollars or more to be left for six months" The Back reads "We Pay Four Percent Interest On Savings Accounts" Home savings bank was in a lawsuit with the City of Des Moines back in 1910. Wonder what for?

The Presidential medal celebrates T.L. Lewis becoming president of the The United Mine Workers Union (UMWA). T.L. Lewis was president from 1908 to 1910. What is even cooler is that there is a miners initials (J.C.M.) on the back. I hope to someday find out who this miner was.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all!

Eric

Attachments

• IMG_5210.JPG
    IMG_5210.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5213.JPG
    IMG_5213.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 295
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 299
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
:thumbsup: Great find, keep em comin. :icon_pirat:

hey eric,great finds, we've got a lot more area to cover. i think the honey hole will produce great finds for years.maybe you'll find a banner find next time. your welcome down here anytime. hh. bobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back