Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 silver & SLQ Sunday

I just got back from my Sunday afternoon hunt. I first went back to the Old (1881) school I found the Old silver coin ring, Didn't find anything but old square nails and a pocket knife. After a couple hrs of pounding that place I went back to my sidewalk strips. I spent a few hrs and came away with some goodies. First silver was the 47 rosie, Then one of the mercs. I ended up getting a good 12/45 signal right on the edge of the side walk, cut me a little plug and out popped the Slick SLQ!! Love that coin!! And of coarse I dinged it pretty good but since it was so slick I didn't cry to bad :) Then the last Merc about 30 minutes later.. A bunch of wheats kept me in the hunt throughout the day and the oldest wheat is a 1916 s:hello2: I also found the eagle that matches up to the back of the SLQ pretty good..

Attachments

• Blackberry Stuff 031.jpg
    Blackberry Stuff 031.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 21
Great finds my friend always like your posts Have a great Holiday and can you send some sun my way Tommy

Great finds my friend always like your posts Have a great Holiday and can you send some sun my way Tommy

Thanks Brother!! I will be out your way next week to go detecting, Hopefully I can Wrangle you out some sun!! It has been nice this weekend, But chilly in the morning for Ca.. was 26* this morning :)

Now that's a GREAT hunt! Big Congrats!

tabman

Congratulations on the multiple silver finds! :occasion14:

Great hunt!! Always great seeing those SLQ's.

Bing bang boom!! silver

Congrats on some good finds. That's a sweet spot you have

You had a great day, congrats!

WOW........that's one great hunt, Jackalope!! 4 silvers in the pouch for the ride home had to feel good.........
Persistence pays!! :icon_thumleft:

Looks like it was a great day. Its always nice to see a SLQ come to the light of day.

Love those standing liberty quarters, too bad they had that poor design in the date area, so it would wear off first... I found about 20 of these quarter's in my 27 years of

detecting and only 9 have a readable date... a great day with 4 silvers for you.... A silver a day, keeps the blue's away !!!!! (we hate getting skunked .. lol)

thanks folks, Went out today for a hr after work and found 2 wheats. Glad to be out but missing silver already :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back