Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took our usual spring trip to the beach for a nice long weekend getaway. I get up early every morning and go swingin and if things go well I get to get a couple of hours in some evenings. I did my usual off the beach spots with the CZ21. Some places I detect off the beach here need a smaller coil to get between bushes and stuff so the CZ works great. Most of the coins came from an area near the beach, but not on it. The beach itself, wet and dry sand, was very very quiet. Some new losses because of the nice weather, but very little WW2 stuff and coins that have been on the beach for a while.

I took the equinox out on the beach to see what it would sniff out. It picked up some tiny WW2 brass that the CZ would have missed. For the most part the beach was very quiet. Not many signals at all. The winter storms washed out part of the dunes and there have not been enough contributors to leave goodies behind. My first hunt with the nox was a 2 hour evening hunt. I only found 7 coins, but I did find a gold colored bead and a silver ring. Can’t complain about that.

All together I used the CZ21 for 9 hours and the equinox for 8.5 hours at Bethany Beach on and off the beach and found 264 coins with a face value of $25.33, some small product tags, 2 NO CASH VALUE tokens, a plated religious medal, some tiny beads, an earring back, 2 silver rings, a silver chain with a Star of David pendant, 3 other rings, some assorted cheapie jewelry, part of a key, the sim card holder from a phone, some WW2 ordinance, a few tabs and some foil wrappers.

0F33FF6E-2D67-46A9-AC61-E2E201401431.jpeg

I found the silver chain with the Star of David and the silver wave toe ring off of the beach and the zig zag ring with the stones in it on the beach.

3F087297-DF76-47FA-B9C9-CD02338F1EC5.jpeg

The WW2 stuff was mostly small and there wasn’t much of it. They are going to pump sand onto the beach this summer so ther should be more I. The fall. The center round piece with the hole in the middle is a 40mm buster end. The 3 pieces to the left of it are 40mm traveling band (also call obturator). The 6 pieces to the right of it are 20mm traveling band. All the other pieces are fragments of brass from 40mm and 100mm mechanical detonators.

69D82695-1D0A-4A8B-889F-1600B2CC9382.jpeg

I went south to Ocean city and swung the nox for 4.5 hours one morning. The beach here was very quiet as well. I did manage to find 27 coins with a face value of $1.99, an earring back, a kiddie ring, a Mexican 10 peso from the Mexico City mint, 2 kiddie pendants and a few tabs. Not even much trash on the beach.

22B62177-DA32-4FDF-8131-789F73FE6EF5.jpeg

We went to Rehoboth to look around. They are getting ready to pump sand onto the beach, but most of the beach is still usable and detectable. I met 2 older detectorists swinging CZ21s and they had some luck with coins, but no goodies. The next morning I went with the nox and in 3.5 hours I found 47 coins with a face value of $4.61, a pair of glasses, an aluminum leather craft tool, a Kennedy half, 2 rings, 4 pieces of WW2 20mm traveling band (obturator), a toy car, a few bottle caps and tabs. More shops are open here at this time of year so more fresh losses. All coins came from the dry sand and are clean new drops.

11899C98-BA60-4238-875F-28BFC6DAD868.jpeg

One of the rings is a nice Celtic heart knot ring made of silver. The other is gold colored and I thought I had scored big, but on closer inspection it is a cheapie. My wife really like the silver one, so I will have to get it sized for her. I keep giving her jewelry and she keeps letting me hunt, win win.

9E6E460D-344F-4938-88A4-33D0FAB2C24E.jpeg

Sharky tried to make off with all the silver, but I caught him in the act. Shame on you Sharky.

C21B60CA-BAB0-4331-BD30-B3D4DEF97BAF.jpeg

So a good long weekend hunting at the ocean, with 4 silvers ( 2 with the CZ21 and 2 with the equinox), lots of pennies and lots of exercise for my swingin arm. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 32

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING FINDS !! THANKS for sharing

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took our usual spring trip to the beach for a nice long weekend getaway. I get up early every morning and go swingin and if things go well I get to get a couple of hours in some evenings. I did my usual off the beach spots with the CZ21. Some places I detect off the beach here need a smaller coil to get between bushes and stuff so the CZ works great. Most of the coins came from an area near the beach, but not on it. The beach itself, wet and dry sand, was very very quiet. Some new losses because of the nice weather, but very little WW2 stuff and coins that have been on the beach for a while.

I took the equinox out on the beach to see what it would sniff out. It picked up some tiny WW2 brass that the CZ would have missed. For the most part the beach was very quiet. Not many signals at all. The winter storms washed out part of the dunes and there have not been enough contributors to leave goodies behind. My first hunt with the nox was a 2 hour evening hunt. I only found 7 coins, but I did find a gold colored bead and a silver ring. Can’t complain about that.

All together I used the CZ21 for 9 hours and the equinox for 8.5 hours at Bethany Beach on and off the beach and found 264 coins with a face value of $25.33, some small product tags, 2 NO CASH VALUE tokens, a plated religious medal, some tiny beads, an earring back, 2 silver rings, a silver chain with a Star of David pendant, 3 other rings, some assorted cheapie jewelry, part of a key, the sim card holder from a phone, some WW2 ordinance, a few tabs and some foil wrappers.

View attachment 2079876

I found the silver chain with the Star of David and the silver wave toe ring off of the beach and the zig zag ring with the stones in it on the beach.

View attachment 2079877

The WW2 stuff was mostly small and there wasn’t much of it. They are going to pump sand onto the beach this summer so ther should be more I. The fall. The center round piece with the hole in the middle is a 40mm buster end. The 3 pieces to the left of it are 40mm traveling band (also call obturator). The 6 pieces to the right of it are 20mm traveling band. All the other pieces are fragments of brass from 40mm and 100mm mechanical detonators.

View attachment 2079878

I went south to Ocean city and swung the nox for 4.5 hours one morning. The beach here was very quiet as well. I did manage to find 27 coins with a face value of $1.99, an earring back, a kiddie ring, a Mexican 10 peso from the Mexico City mint, 2 kiddie pendants and a few tabs. Not even much trash on the beach.

View attachment 2079881

We went to Rehoboth to look around. They are getting ready to pump sand onto the beach, but most of the beach is still usable and detectable. I met 2 older detectorists swinging CZ21s and they had some luck with coins, but no goodies. The next morning I went with the nox and in 3.5 hours I found 47 coins with a face value of $4.61, a pair of glasses, an aluminum leather craft tool, a Kennedy half, 2 rings, 4 pieces of WW2 20mm traveling band (obturator), a toy car, a few bottle caps and tabs. More shops are open here at this time of year so more fresh losses. All coins came from the dry sand and are clean new drops.

View attachment 2079879

One of the rings is a nice Celtic heart knot ring made of silver. The other is gold colored and I thought I had scored big, but on closer inspection it is a cheapie. My wife really like the silver one, so I will have to get it sized for her. I keep giving her jewelry and she keeps letting me hunt, win win.

View attachment 2079880

Sharky tried to make off with all the silver, but I caught him in the act. Shame on you Sharky.

View attachment 2079875

So a good long weekend hunting at the ocean, with 4 silvers ( 2 with the CZ21 and 2 with the equinox), lots of pennies and lots of exercise for my swingin arm. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
That’s a ton of swings and finds. Great job. Love the summary. I hunt often in Kona Hawaii. Beach hunting can be rewarding.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a ton of swings and finds. Great job. Love the summary. I hunt often in Kona Hawaii. Beach hunting can be rewarding.
Thanks Kona, I visited Hawaii years ago and did some swingin with my old Fisher 1280. On one of the beaches I found a silver Washington quarter and a 14k whale pendant. Had a great time. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

hampton detector

Feb 15, 2023

View attachment 2079876

View attachment 2079877

View attachment 2079878

View attachment 2079881

View attachment 2079879

View attachment 2079880

View attachment 2079875

Great haul!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2079876

View attachment 2079877

View attachment 2079878

View attachment 2079881

View attachment 2079879

View attachment 2079880

View attachment 2079875

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread