What's new

40 Hours of Finds....

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I'd show everyone my finds for my first 40hrs worth of detecting. This is the good, the bad and the ugly. The only thing I forgot to take a picture of was the junk jewelry(a dozen hoops and some misc. junk earings etc.) All the jewelry pictured is Gold, Silver, or Platinum. None of the ice is real but they are CZ's in 925 settings. A few large trash items have been disposed of, but other than that, this is everything dug in 40hrs mostly in the water on pretty popular(also well hunted) beaches.

The Junk:

023-1.jpg


And the Jewelry:

020.jpg


021-1.jpg


022.jpg


HH, Aaron
 
Upvote 0
Really great finds. Congratulations. What type of scoop are you using for the small targets?
 
Thanks Herb! I have the RTG pro Aluminum so all of the small items slip through :( My method is after I know this is happening I try and get the item in the scoop and then carry it to shore and dump it to find the item. This works SOMETIMES. Sometimes I am lucky and am in shallow enough water that I can see the item after it falls through the holes on the bottom(seldom). I have since put some finer screen in the bottom of my scoop and will try it this weekend. I haven't been hunting for 3 weeks due to my cut foot. I'm going to give it a go this weekend though.

Aaron
 
Very nice, stpauli :headbang:

I like that little owl..is it an earring?

L
 
Lorrain,

Thank you! Yes it is an earing. It is 10K but very small. .6 grams. Cool design though!

Aaron
 
Lots of targets, digging and nice jewelry. Reminds me of the song "Works Hard For The Money" WTG!!
 
nice !!! , hope you left some for me i got a full tank of gas this weekend :icon_pirat:
 
Freakin' AWESOME Aaron! :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello2:
 
That's a great haul. Cant wait to see your next 40 hours. :headbang:
 
stpauli914 said:
Thanks Herb! I have the RTG pro Aluminum so all of the small items slip through :( My method is after I know this is happening I try and get the item in the scoop and then carry it to shore and dump it to find the item. This works SOMETIMES. Sometimes I am lucky and am in shallow enough water that I can see the item after it falls through the holes on the bottom(seldom). I have since put some finer screen in the bottom of my scoop and will try it this weekend. I haven't been hunting for 3 weeks due to my cut foot. I'm going to give it a go this weekend though.

Aaron

Nice finds....

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a single piece of aluminum gutter screen. Put it on the bottom back third of the scoop as you look down inside the scoop. I did this to mine, it goes up 1/3 of the side where the handle fits and the back 1/3 of the bottom that the handle is on. When you hold your scoop for draining this is the primary area the sand drains from last......If you cover the whole bottom of the scoop it will drain very slow, I found the back bottom third seems to work real well.......

I used Marine epoxy to glue mine on, after 2 years it is still glued there....

Good luck and good hunting...
 
Thanks guys! I put some 1/4" galvanized screen in the bottom and it still drains pretty quick and catches the smaller stuff now.

Oh, add another gold ring to my count for 42 1/2hrs of hunting :icon_pirat:

Aaron
 
stpauli914 said:
Thanks guys! I put some 1/4" galvanized screen in the bottom and it still drains pretty quick and catches the smaller stuff now.

Oh, add another gold ring to my count for 42 1/2hrs of hunting :icon_pirat:

Aaron
I put the exact same thing in my pro scoop and it works great, drains quick and catches the tiny stuff. :icon_thumleft:
 
:o ohhhh! that shiny stuff sure looks good right about now (with the prices of the metals) :laughing9: looks like you did good! :thumbsup: :headbang:
 
stpauli914 said:
Lorrain,

Thank you! Yes it is an earing. It is 10K but very small. .6 grams. Cool design though!

Aaron

It is a really cool design, Aaron...I like owls; never saw an earring like that...nice find

L
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom