What's new

400$ in halves and a box of dimes

Seagates

Full Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today I picked up 400 bucks in half dollars I got 2 90% and 5 40% out of it not bad! (2 1964, 1965, 1967, 2 1968D, 1969d)
Also picked up a box of dime and got 3 silver rosies (1951, 1954, 1964) A centennial Canadian dime (1967) And a dime which i think may have a cud and planchet combo error? I took more consideration in my photos of this dime because i'm curious as to what you guys think - it is banged up and stretched a bit - there is also a dent that goes through to the back of the time in rosies forehead please take a look and tell me what ya think! :)

I'm obviously QUITE a newbie at the whole coin roll hunting thing so any opinions of the dime would be appreciated.

silverrrrrrrr1cd9.jpg


cudime1qt1.jpg


cuddimeback1pk1.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice score on all the Silver. The Dime looks like post mint damage, but I am no expert.
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
 
Welcome, nice finds, especially the Canadian. That other dime looks like maybe it was placed in a vice, although I'm no expert.
 
Post mint damage.
 
More silver for the pile!!!! :thumbsup:
 
post mint damage seems like the verdict - thanks. also how are you sure that dime has only 50% and not 80%? did the 80s have different designs? As far as i can tell they minted more 80's than 50's that year - i honestly can't tell.

50% silver, 50% copper (30.6M)
80% silver, 20% copper (32.3M)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_(Canadian_coin)
 
they did make silver dimes with 80/20 and 50/50 that year.Most dealers pay more than 50/50 but less than 80/20.Even they have a hard time telling which is which.

HH

Greg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom