Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45 RPM records with "D J Copy" printed on label

I bought 180 (no sleeves) of those 45 rpm records two weekends ago. In the wide mix of 1956- 1970's "Purple People Eater" rock to Jim Reeves C/Western, I found four or five with "D J Copy" or "Disc Jockey Copy" printed on the labels of some unknown artists.

Any idea on the DJ copies?

Bill

secondcup

May 11, 2006
Seacoast, New Hampshire
Re: 45 RPM records with "D J Copy" printed on label

From what I know of this subject, the discs are usually advance copies of the single that are sent out to radio stations before the actual release date. Unless there is something different about the DJ copy, I'd imagine that there wouldn't be a premium.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me!

;)

SC

B

BIG61AL

dj copies are usually worth 3 to 10 times for a regular copy...you may have a very collectable find
I used to collect record and if this a mint copy I would not sell for less than $25.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I've got quite few DJ copies, according to a DJ buddy of mine On KFDI radio, Wichita. Some of them can be worth a lot, but 99% of them are copies to give away in contests to promote the artist, however, he did say DJ copies of bands like the Beatles or the Stones, are worth a small fortune

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

Try Elvis. You find a DJ copy of an Elvis single, you will wind up with a small pile of cash!

I used to listen to KFDI as a little child. Used to call Willie Wheelchair up to request "Ghost Riders In The Sky", back when you could actually request stuff.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

sadly Willie passed a few years ago as did Ol'Mike

Sniffer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread