I couldnt believe it.

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Me I just bought a dfx 2 weeks ago. Today me and my wife wander into the goodwill store, Im thinking I dont ever find anything good. As soon as we walk through te door here it is right in the front of the store a whites metal detector box. I thought ok cant be one in it. I headed straight for it and here was an Mxt in the box looking brand new, batteries and all. Here's the kicker Marked 49.99. I bought it and left the store like a kid that had found a dollar on the ground. I will post a pic here pretty soon. I love the goodwill store now. lol

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang, YOU lucky lucky dog..

K

Kentucky Kache

I nominate that as the best deal ever. Why can't it ever happen to me? :dontknow:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Holy Smokes! I visit tons of thrift shops on the hopes of finding a deal such as yours. Or old coins. Hope I get as lucky as you!
Congrats.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
I ocasionally hit the habitat for humanity thrift store and the other day I picked up a 5Ghz cordless phone/answering machine with two handsets for $5. All it needed was to have the batteries charged up. I later found the same model in the local Target store for $79. I think I got a fairly good deal.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, great find!!! I've wanted a Whites forever, glad someone here found it at such a good price.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I think you just blew my 5900 DI pro for 10 bucks out the window lol

nice find!!! want to double your money? :tongue3: lol

OP
OP
rferris75

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Thx for the offer but I think I will sit on this one. lol

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!! Killer ,killer deal!

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've been "thrifting" for more than 20 years and have only thrice found a deal as worthy as that. I talked with a guy I know that works at our local Goodwill and he informed me the reason we don't see much of that kind of stuff at our store is because they're sending electronic merchandise, musical instruments, etc to "e-commerce.com".. I suppose they're selling it outright to them or maybe going to the shopgoodwill.com auction site. I realize their objective is to turn as big a buck as possible, but the little guy loses out that way. Everyone needs a break. I'm glad you got yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread