What's new

48 star Flag Questions

Pre-1959. Alaska became a state Jan. 3, 1959 and Hawaii on Aug. 21, 1959.

You might check this site....lots of info. http://www.usa-flag-site.org/forum/sitemap/f-24.html

quoted from that site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 48 star flag was used from July 4, 1912, for the additions of New Mexico and Arizona. It was on June 24th of 1912 that President Taft passed an Executive Order establishing the exact proportions of the flag. This flag was official for 47 years - the longest in U.S. history.

Your flag would most likely have been made between 1912 - 1959, if it is authentic. Most likely it would've been made towards the earlier because, with the dawning of machines and textile factories flag would've been sewn by machine since this was more cost efficient.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks loads any Ideas about the manufacture its hard to make out
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
Thanks loads any Ideas about the manufacture its hard to make out

Still looking. It is really hard to make out in the picture.
48 star flag.webp
 
Upvote 0
Mine reads "Everwear bunting" and thats all I can read other than"somthing -flag" in the shield.
 
Upvote 0
So you have one like this? Im thinking its a veterans flag since it appears to never been flown.

How did you obtain yours?
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
So you have one like this? Im thinking its a veterans flag since it appears to never been flown.

How did you obtain yours?

I got it from my mom, not sure how she got it. Dettras is who made it i think.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
49 star flags are very rare because of the change to 50 stars later that same year.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I found another 48 star flag in garage at work today and realized it and yours reads bulldog while the one I had at home reads everwear, after looking into that I found this online...

Dettra Company. It was founded in 1901 and no longer exists. It was bought by Annin and Company in 1998.

The "Bull Dog" brand was first used in 1911 to identify their top of the line cotton flag.

They had 5 other brand designations: (I am not sure of the order or significance) Sentry, Lustro, Everwear, Ever Wave and D-Brite.
 
Upvote 0
taz42o said:
I found another 48 star flag in garage at work today and realized it and yours reads bulldog while the one I had at home reads everwear, after looking into that I found this online...

Dettra Company. It was founded in 1901 and no longer exists. It was bought by Annin and Company in 1998.

The "Bull Dog" brand was first used in 1911 to identify their top of the line cotton flag.

They had 5 other brand designations: (I am not sure of the order or significance) Sentry, Lustro, Everwear, Ever Wave and D-Brite.



Can you link me to that sight?
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
taz42o said:
I found another 48 star flag in garage at work today and realized it and yours reads bulldog while the one I had at home reads everwear, after looking into that I found this online...

Dettra Company. It was founded in 1901 and no longer exists. It was bought by Annin and Company in 1998.

The "Bull Dog" brand was first used in 1911 to identify their top of the line cotton flag.

They had 5 other brand designations: (I am not sure of the order or significance) Sentry, Lustro, Everwear, Ever Wave and D-Brite.



Can you link me to that sight?

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/forum/newbie-here-48-star-flag-id-3337.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom