What's new

4th Ring and First Musket Ball ....I think??

JimDon

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
4,041
Reaction score
5,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very nice weekend in New England and had some time to do some hunting. My first stop was at my cousins 1890 house. I had high hopes for silver but turns out the family had no children so the yard had nothing but modern clad. I had some time the next morning and went to the park down the street. It is 120 years old and immediately hit a 1919 Wheatie. I then found a 1946 and 1952. I then dug what appears to be a musket ball but cut in half. You can see the mold marks but it looks like it could have been made into a checkers or game piece. Not sure. Any thoughts on what or why? Please see the pictures. I added a penny for scale. My hour was up so I walked back and was searching the sidewalk grass when I got a .01/.10 signal on my MXT. I dug up a very nice art deco Sterling Marcasite ring marked STERL-THEDA. Theda is a Providence RI jewerly company that started in 1921. I guess the piece to be 1930-40s and will need a little straightening. It is my fourth ring this year and second one in the last two weeks.
 

Attachments

  • Metal Detecting Finds 002.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 002.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 356
  • Metal Detecting Finds 003.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 003.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 354
  • Metal Detecting Finds 004.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 004.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
Nice hunt, a relic and a ring is a good day :icon_thumleft:
 
Yep, that is probably a musket ball

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom