4th time I see one swimming across the river..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's funny watching these guys paddle to the other shore side.I never would have believed it if I didn't see it myself..

Six days and no fish:BangHead: Maybe this afternoon will make up for it.

Packing it in while there is still some left..

K1600_DSCN0969.JPG

K1600_DSCN0981.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck going on with that squirrel :icon_scratch: I'm not sure that's something the majority of squirrels would do?. I had to save a squirrel from Bella and Ollie a couple days ago. I saw them chasing a squirrel in the back yard and Ollie came within inches of it before it got up in a tree. It then tried to jump to the Apple tree and fell short and came back to the ground. Again Ollie almost had it before it made it up under some fence panels stacked behind the shed. They had it boxed in at that point and even the cat came in at that time, as he was sitting on the sidelines watching the dogs frantically go after that squirrel. I got the dogs inside and used a board to get that squirrel out from under the fence panels and it came out and ran again up the apple tree. What I noticed about it was it couldn't leap very well and I didn't see any injuries on it. It went up on a branch of the apple tree and stayed there until well in to the night, as I checked on it with my flashlight. It's think maybe it was born handicapped?. To me it's legs just looked weak and short compared to a normal squirrel, also it looked under-sized. I made myself a note, to check on it in the morning and it was gone. I'm thinking that squirrel is going to have a tough time in life being it's condition.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What the heck going on with that squirrel :icon_scratch: I'm not sure that's something the majority of squirrels would do?. I had to save a squirrel from Bella and Ollie a couple days ago. I saw them chasing a squirrel in the back yard and Ollie came within inches of it before it got up in a tree. It then tried to jump to the Apple tree and fell short and came back to the ground. Again Ollie almost had it before it made it up under some fence panels stacked behind the shed. They had it boxed in at that point and even the cat came in at that time, as he was sitting on the sidelines watching the dogs frantically go after that squirrel. I got the dogs inside and used a board to get that squirrel out from under the fence panels and it came out and ran again up the apple tree. What I noticed about it was it couldn't leap very well and I didn't see any injuries on it. It went up on a branch of the apple tree and stayed there until well in to the night, as I checked on it with my flashlight. It's think maybe it was born handicapped?. To me it's legs just looked weak and short compared to a normal squirrel, also it looked under-sized. I made myself a note, to check on it in the morning and it was gone. I'm thinking that squirrel is going to have a tough time in life being it's condition.

Dogs do that..until they get a good bite to to nose.:laughing7:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dogs do that..until they get a good bite to to nose.:laughing7:

That comment reminds me of going squirrel hunting with my dad and uncle when I was a kid. My uncle Raymond had a good squirrel dog (a feist) and a mixed breed, wire haired mutt named Hector that was learning to hunt. The feist had a squirrel treed so I took the shot and hit the limb where the squirrel was sitting. The shock knocked the squirrel out of the tree and when it hit the ground Hector went over and grabbed it.

The squirrel wanted nothing to do with that so he promptly got a death grip on Hector's lower lip and wasn't letting go. Hector took off running with the squirrel hanging from his lip like a beard. He made it a hundred feet or so before the squirrel let go. Hector ran home. We kept hunting.

Had some very good Brunswick stew the next day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos! Perhaps a fish later today or tomorrow! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions