What's new

5-1 finds!! British sword handle from Rev. War? and script "A" Confederate button

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5-1 finds!! British sword handle from Rev. War? and script "A" Confederate button

Went to a spot that has been producing well for me and Penniesmine, he found a SC state seal button there last week. I found this sword handle that I need help ID'ing and this Confederate button. Any ideas on the handle would be great and also how much is the button worth?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0351.webp
    IMG_0351.webp
    355.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0352.webp
    IMG_0352.webp
    475.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0353.webp
    IMG_0353.webp
    387.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0354.webp
    IMG_0354.webp
    395.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0355.webp
    IMG_0355.webp
    518.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0356.webp
    IMG_0356.webp
    624.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0357.webp
    IMG_0357.webp
    404.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0358.webp
    IMG_0358.webp
    367.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0359.webp
    IMG_0359.webp
    436.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0360.webp
    IMG_0360.webp
    338.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0361.webp
    IMG_0361.webp
    297.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0362.webp
    IMG_0362.webp
    462.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0363.webp
    IMG_0363.webp
    487.1 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 26
NICE JOB !! POUND THAT SITE ! :thumbsup:
 
British Welsh ? hmmm
Sabre ?
 
Can you read the back marks for us? Can't quite make it out. Waterbury?
IMO script buttons are more rare than block buttons. If this backmark identifies it a CS button Coat size IMO north of 300 I may be wrong but that is what I think at this point.
 
Is it S. Issacs Campbell co London?
 
Nice hope to find some sword parts someday, but out here thats extremely unlikely !
 
HEY the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA script is nice .vanzutphen
 
backmark is S. Isaac Campbell on the button.....that's a good one right? :)
 
yes
 
Nice going on the script A, but the find of the hunt was definitely that sword guard. Looks like half of a clamshell guard, but could be either 18th or 19th century. Regardless, a very cool find!
 
Sweet! I still want to Punch You In The Throat! :headbang:
 
Dude...Man....Script Artillery Button in great dug Condition. Very cool
Awesome Sword Guard as well ,With big brass like that still in the ground ,Y'all would have to drag me off that site.

Was the SC Button in as Good a Condition as the A ? If so ...You lucky Low Country Dog. LOL

Davers

P.S. The Tesoro Got those Sweet Relics?
 
yes Tesoro got everything!! Love that machine!! :)
 
Better pics of Sword Guard

Took some better pics, can anybody identify this?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3460.webp
    DSCF3460.webp
    444.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF3461.webp
    DSCF3461.webp
    385.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF3462.webp
    DSCF3462.webp
    482.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF3463.webp
    DSCF3463.webp
    516.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF3464.webp
    DSCF3464.webp
    326.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF3465.webp
    DSCF3465.webp
    471.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF3466.webp
    DSCF3466.webp
    731.5 KB · Views: 125
Exciting finds! Congrats!
 
I think I stand corrected as I now do not believe your sword guard is of a clamshell design. And I'm also leaning toward late 18th century although I'm no sword expert at all. Below are 5 pages of sword pics from Newmann and Kravic's "Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution". I don't have time this evening to go through all these, but if you click to enlarge each pic you might be able to see one that resembles yours. Hope you can figure it out.

swords1.webp

swords2.webp

swords3.webp

swords4.webp

swords5.webp
 
yes Tesoro got everything!! Love that machine!! :)

That makes three of us (Including Davers!) Both KILLER recoveries! I've never found either one! (Part of sword or script A)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom