What's new

5-16 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
394
Golden Thread
0
Location
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice day for a hunt! Temps in the upper 70's with a nice breeze off of the gulf.

I hunted from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Surf was at about 4 ft or so which ruled out a water hunt. So the Sov GT w/WOT coil was my weapon of choice for the wet sand.

A majority of the coins came from the wet.

Not a bad hunt.

60 coins= $ 4.96 & 1 Chuck E Cheese token
012.webp
 
Upvote 0
Willie, you did very well in the wet sand :headbang:


I wish you continued success at the beaches.

I use a 10" on the GT...have considered purchasing a WOT, but am concerned about the added weight....is the WOT significantly heavier to swing?

Lorraine
 
Lorrain. said:
Willie, you did very well in the wet sand :headbang:


I wish you continued success at the beaches.

I use a 10" on the GT...have considered purchasing a WOT, but am concerned about the added weight....is the WOT significantly heavier to swing?

Lorraine
Thank you Lorraine. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of targets in the wet sand. Of course, the winds pushing the surf onshore and extending the wet sand zone probably helped.

I can't say that I noticed a huge difference in weight. I started using a homemade bungee set up with the 10" coil before adding the WOT. I made a minor adjustment on the bungee without missing a beat. I wouldn't swing the WOT without a bungee setup.
 
You got lots of targets, surf was rough.
 
Good day of hunting. Fresh air, sunshine, and good exercise.
 
Les West Central Fl said:
You got lots of targets, surf was rough.
search and recovery said:
Good day of hunting. Fresh air, sunshine, and good exercise.
:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom