What's new

5$ 1953 B Silver Certificate used to pay for items.

tpmrcp

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
492
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was checking the drawer I use at work and saw that someone used this to pay for items. I quickly replaced it with a regular $5. I have never seen one in real life, let alone owned one. Looks like someone used a counterfeit pen to check if it was real a few times, bummer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140131_203629.webp
    IMG_20140131_203629.webp
    433.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20140131_203638.webp
    IMG_20140131_203638.webp
    568.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Upvote 12
I rescued one a month ago. I guy was trying to use it in a vending machine. Lol I helped him out with a new bill. Lol.
 
Nice save! Don't you just love the green color on the back? It looks so different than the ink colors today.
My husband ran across a hundred, but the idiot spent it. :BangHead:
 
good save. you don't see silver certificates pop up in circulation very much any more
 
if I ever see one pop up - I ask if there are more..`..
 
Nice score on the Silver Certificate. There are still some nice things out there in circulation.
 
I bet that either some parent is now missing one from their collection or gramps needed some chawin tobaccy! LOL

NICE!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom