What's new

5 boxes of pennies, and FOUR wheaties TOTAL!

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I wonder if out here in Arizona we just don't GET the old things that you have back east. I know when my wife goes to garage sales, she says back east is MUCH better. Only new crap out here.

But, rolls of coins shouldn't be so much worse here than there. yet they ARE!

I just checked $125 in pennies. I was pulling out pre-82 copper, so I got some keepers that way, but in that amount (Five boxes!) I pulled out

FOUR WHEATIES!

That is IT. Four Wheaties in $125 of pennies.

I also recently did $2,000 in halves. I pulled out 3 - 40% halves. NO 90%. IN $2,000 worth. Yet I see all these people talking about 28 keepers in ONE box of Halves. So, how does one get that kind of luck?

It seems that CRH out here in Arizona is NOT very productive.

I have $2,000 more in Halves coming this Wednesday. If I get a total of 3 again I shall probably hang it up for now. Just not worth the time to go through that many halves and only get 3 40% keepers. As for pennies, I'm working those one roll at a time when I am stuck on hold on the phone or something else that has me stopped from produtive work anyway, but that too doesn't seem to be worth it - out here.

Anyone else on this board from out west? How are YOUR boxes? I'm curious to know if it is the west, or just that my teller serendipitously goes through the boxes before she gives them to me. ;-)

John
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom