What's new

5 Copper Day, Escutcheon Plate, Interesting Pewter Spoon etc

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with the Patriot and another local detectorist(I forget his TNET handle!) and tried a new spot close to home. While it rained, and I got muddier then I've ever been while detecting, it turned out to be a pretty decent day!
5 Coppers: 1781 Hibernia, 1800 US Large Cent, 1837 Province du Bas Canada Token, and two other tokens.
035.webp
038.webp
039.webp
036.webp
Patriot and I both found an example of this interesting pewter spoon design, although mine is pretty unreadable. Has a ray pattern with a circle with letters/roman numerals inside.
040.webp
Also found this escutcheon plate, musket parts are always a cool find for me. Just wish it was marked! :D
042.webp
Other finds, buttons etc. Also found a large copper plate and a few ox shoes.
041.webp
043.webp
 
Upvote 0
umrgolf said:
Great finds! was Patriot's spoon legible?
His was more legible then mine, the design looked like EEE which was making me think roman numerals obscured by corrosion. Wasn't to be, but still pretty cool!
 
Hunthicks said:
umrgolf said:
Great finds! was Patriot's spoon legible?
His was more legible then mine, the design looked like EEE which was making me think roman numerals obscured by corrosion. Wasn't to be, but still pretty cool!

never seen such a thing, pretty neat
 
Hans R Dirty said:
Was great to get out with you guys. It was a dirty one at that but the finds were surfacing. You must of had a great laugh when something got stuck in my sock and I had to take my boot and sock off and sit down on a muddy manure infested wet field. ::)

Some interesting finds were made and only 15 minutes from my house. With the size of that property there could be another site or two. Next time out we'll have to look for his chain.
It was good to finally meet you and get out for a hunt! I could have given you a hand but sitting in the field probably was cleaner than leaning on me lol. :D With a chain that large, shouldn't be much of a problem finding it!
 
Damn....that's a great hunt!
 
I like your finds ,nice old coppers!!

good to see Hans out again, he can find the oldies too!
 
I could use a day like that ! Nice finds Hicks ! M.R.
 
ironhorse said:
I like your finds ,nice old coppers!!

good to see Hans out again, he can find the oldies too!

You have no idea how happy I was just to get out. I'll be back in traction for a few days but it was worth it.
must be 2 years since you and I got out. You know there are 2 spare beds here if you are aching for a road trip. I'm sure Patriot and Hunthicks would enjoy your company as well.....cheers Bro!
 
Awesome finds! Love finding those escutcheon plates! I have found some fancy ones with nice designs and engraving, etc...but none with any regimental numbers yet :(

Like the early American copper too! I have yet to find a large cent dating earlier than 1814. Would love to land a flowing hair.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom