What's new

5 hour beach hunt, minimal tgts but one was pretty nice. Gold ring #11 for 2015.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an early start (a little before 0400) this morning down at the beach and ended up hunting for 5 hours. Targets were pretty scattered and didn't seem to be that plentiful. Hunters were plentiful though and everyone I ran into was in the same boat, some change and junk but nothing really good. Just after I reached my turnaround point and was heading back I found one nice little keeper. 10K white gold, ladies band weighing in at 3.9 grams. It was out in the water and I was getting beat up a bit as the tide was coming back up but that 12.08 signal on the CTX told me not to let this one go and keep at it. After about 15 mins of digging and pushing it from one side of the hole to the other (or was that the surf moving ME back and forth over the hole!) I finally fished it out and was pretty happy when I saw it in the scoop. The ring was the best of it, only two other small pieces of bling, some change and a broken knife. What was shaping up to be another exercise spin turned out pretty good! Only 80 more and I can catch up to OBN!

Good luck out there!

DSC_2267.webpDSC_2268.webpDSC_2271.webpDSC_2272.webpDSC_2279.webpDSC_2283.webp
 
Upvote 22
Ka - Ching ring bling
 
Awesome gold score!!
 
How far do you wade? Does the water come to your knees, waist, chest? Just curious. Nice finds btw!
 
How far do you wade? Does the water come to your knees, waist, chest? Just curious. Nice finds btw!

It just depends on conditions and location. Usually I'm in and out of the water until I can figure out where the targets are at that time. When out in the water it can be anywhere from ankle to neck deep but I'm only 5'8" so not as deep as others may get!
 
Very nice ring find, Congratulations!
 
Very nice ring, congrats!
 
Congrads Doc on Number 11!! Good to see some of that VB treasure!
 
Really nice. White gold in the scoop is almost as pretty as yellow gold in the scoop, but any gold in the scoop, is a great day.
 
Nice Gold! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom