What's new

5 one dollar coins used to purchase medicine 1891-1923

benc2

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, vibra probe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife called from work and said that a customer had just purchased their medication at the pharmacy she works at with these coins. She bought them and called right away. Wow!! What an awesome day at work!! Just thought I'd share an awesome find with y'all.
 

Attachments

  • coins 001.webp
    coins 001.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • coins 004.webp
    coins 004.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,341
Upvote 0
yes as in $5 for 5 one dollar "face value" coins -- that are worth at least about $10 bucks each at scrap silver price -- 5 X $10 = $50 at scrap silver price vs $5 at "face value"
 
Years ago when I waitressed I had an elderly woman that always tipped me in silver dimes and wheat pennies ,at the time I never thought to much about it as it was my living. I never thought it could be her life horde.Its funny how this post made me think of her,
I also had an Nice dressed woman 40 ish that always tipped me with morgans. I still have a few of them. Also I traded a small paper candy bag of wheats for a pack of cigs LOL
Vickilynn
 
AWESOME!!! Right place at the right time. Lucky. :thumbsup: ;D
-MM-
 
Now that people have said that about the silver coins.. interesting.. I posted it a while a go.. but I took two big jars of change to the coinstar.. not wanted to let them build up like I have before to the point I can't carry them all!! The machine jammed and when they opeded it.. there were two Silver Eagles in the "trash" tray inside!! Scary what people will do!!

MonkeyBoy
 
jorge del norte said:
...someone must have got into grandpa's stash......

I agree. As I said it must have been something stashed for a long time and either spent by an elderly person who had a really bad need to spend it, or a thieving child, grandchild, or hit from a hidden stash...although it doesn't necessarily mean it IS a thieving child. Could be an inherited stash. Bottom line is the person spending the money didn't know each coin was worth 10-20 times face value. BTW where are you that you found these coins? My sisters father in-law had his house broken into and they stole a bunch of things from him including some old silver dollars. They stole a bunch of cash, a bunch of new clad, and they emptied out his safe which had the silver in it and all the papers in the safe, which were just his and his wife's birth and marriage certificates.
 
Was the medication for bad eyesight, or brain damage? :icon_pirat:
I wish that would happen to me!!!! :icon_scratch:
Oh, that's right, my wife doesn't work! :icon_queen:
GOTTA GET HER A JOB QUICK!!!! :director:
 
Nice coins...aa
 
Sweet coins...........nice work

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:
 
Daniel in NC said:
I_Dig_NYC said:
Bitter-Sweet find?

nothing bitter, all sweet

Okay how about finders keepers losers weepers :icon_jokercolor:
Theres gotta be an expression suitable for this fortunate yet unfortunate occurance ??? :icon_scratch: :icon_study:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom