5 Pence Coin

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
On Sunday I went to a local park to detect the small bark chip area -- the main field is bone dry and hard. I used my new tone Golden Micromax with Notch Off, Width control to 2:00 position, low threshold, discrim just below preset, and sens. around 10. I found pennies, a nickel, and several dimes. Also found 3 toy cars, which I left on the sidewalk for the kids. One coin was a 2008 5 pence coin, apparently from the UK, not Canada or other Commonwealth country. It rang high on the Golden. The coin is the same diameter as US dime, but thicker.

In March I acquired a fancy metered detector from another manufacturer, but I like to use the Golden on occasion.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan you're using almost the same settings that I like to use on my Golden, except that I like using a higher threshold setting and I sometimes use minimum discrimination when there's not too much EMI.

On my Golden with the notch switch in the off position and with the notch width control knob at the 2 o'clock position, a beaver tail pull tab is just breaking into the zinc audio tone on the upper end and a foil cap is just breaking into the iron audio tone on the lower end.

Nice finds!:icon_thumright: The Golden is really fun to use and is super hot on gold rings.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread