TheCoolest

Jun 26, 2012
Salish Sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Garrett AT Pro/AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best find so far, First post. I Found a 5lb melt of silver searching my own yard where I've been finding tons of evidence of a house fire...um it paid off. Found this.

ForumRunner_20140402_190029.png

Took it to a jewellers today and he tested it and said it was silver but probly had a little something else in it too.It Looks like it was melted in a pan or maybe even a change dish. Heres a pic of the bottom. The blue color is just reflection from the window.

ForumRunner_20140402_190728.png

Ok well, thought I would share. You won't find anything unless you are looking. ;-)

Oh it bounced around the 90's on the At Pro, mostly 92

Upvote 20
Wow ! 5 lbs. of silver , now that's a first ! I've certainly never seen a post like yours - incredible find !

Thanks...yeah I'm still in shock only two years into detecting and i just switched from a bounty hunter to the at pro and it already paid for itself and then some.

That's cool.

Hope it was not made of melted Barbers, walking ladies or Morgans...that would be ashamed.

Fantastic find though....

So you found a half moon crescent and it's silver in deed!! Great find, congrats.
Maybe the unfortunate previous houselord had a silver coin cache inside a pan or pot that melted completely away when the fire temperature rose to the point of melting the coins to this beautiful clump... Just a theory. Could explain the "little bit of impurity" in your silver.

Last edited:
Jeweler acid tested? That is freakishly cool. In fact, I've never seen anything like it, well, at least, not that large. I wouldn't mind seeing a 5lb blob of silver on the banner. Even though we don't quite know the purity, this is about the equivalent of finding a cache of 75 silver eagles. $1500+ melt by my newbie calculations!

Banner blob!

That's cool.

Hope it was not made of melted Barbers, walking ladies or Morgans...that would be ashamed.

Fantastic find though....

Great minds think alike, that was the first thing that ran through my head, along with that the "little something else" was a gold coin. Ha lol Just goes to show, you just never know what you might find next.

Great find coolest, I'd hold on to that silver for many years to come if I'd found it.

What would be cool if there were still intact Morgans inside of it.

Just had another idea. Maybe someone stole some silver coins, then melted them down so no one would know and buried the silver..

I would think that the Bounty Hunter would have located that too. Nice Find !

I can't believe you missed that with the Bounty Hunter. How deep was it? Surprized you did not get an overload signal. Great find.

That is an amazing find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back