5 silver tonight out of a front yard

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I finally found a yard that hasn't been detected before. It is amazing how many yards were tore into when detectors first started coming out. I find a lot of pennies but the silver seems to always be cherry-picked out of them. Anyway, finally caught someone home at this site. They were sipping a cold one so I thought maybe that would increase my odds. The good thing was that I gained permission, the bad thing was this dude was right over my shoulder the whole time. Fortunately for me, I didn't find anything super old that he wanted to fight over. It is so dry here and I asked him if I could come back later when there is moisture in the ground. I couldn't seem to hit any good targets deep today. Also got about a dozen wheats and some miscellaneous relics. Also pictured is a broach found but it is not silver and not too old, judging by the depth at least.

100_2861.jpg

100_2860.jpg

Upvote 0
WTG WH. Too bad the drunk wouldn't leave you alone ??? I couldn't stand that kind of treatment while trying to hunt :-\ Nice silver finds and nice old Canadian silver

Very cool coinage! I would have been a little weirded out by the guy standing over me. I would have said No Thanks. I admire your persistence! Good job! :headbang:

HH,
Moon

Nice finds WH, congrats on all that silver and finding some virgin soil! :thumbsup: keep it up, best of luck and HH

Nice bunch of coins! A good spread of dates there too. :icon_thumleft:
Just curious, did you make any sort of agreement with the other guy before you started detecting his yard? In case you had found something of very high value?

Mike

5 silver coins in one hunt is a great day! HH, Mike

:icon_thumright: wtg nice silver

nice bunch of silve been a long time since I found 5.....Matt

Congratulations on the 5 silver day!!!
The 1917 Canadian dime is a nice looking
coin.....and so are the others. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Moonshadow said:
Very cool coinage! I would have been a little weirded out by the guy standing over me. I would have said No Thanks. I admire your persistence! Good job! :headbang:

HH,
Moon
I prefer to not have them over my shoulder, but it doesn't bother me too much either. Three of the silver, including the older one, I spotted the edge of the coin and acted like I couldn't find the coin. Did the old slide between the finger trick and told him that it was probably nails messing with my machine.
trikikiwi said:
Nice bunch of coins! A good spread of dates there too. :icon_thumleft:
Just curious, did you make any sort of agreement with the other guy before you started detecting his yard? In case you had found something of very high value?

Mike
I usually tell landowners that I will split anything of higher value but I make sure they know that the odds of finding anything of major value is very slim. I usually let them know that most old coins found are not worth a lot, siting some examples for them. I usually offer to give them all of the clad. I think I dug about $2 worth yesterday and offered it to him but he told me to keep it and he wished I would have found something good. :laughing7:

WTG on the silver,Your not kidding its dry we sure could use a good soaking.The little sprinkles we got the last few days haven't done anything.
Kevin

Great hunt with 5 silvers :notworthy: and the brooch very nice too :icon_sunny:

As always you find the best places to detect! I know how much research you do and it sure shows with the quaility of your finds. I love to get those old silver canadian coins they are a nice surprise while detecting.

wtg
Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back