What's new

$50 Bag

enamel7

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
6,415
Reaction score
2,551
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Finished a bag of pennies. Decent bag.
Wheaties:
1928,1942(2),1944,1945,1946(3),1953d,1955d,1956d,1957d.
Canadian:
1967,1990,1993(2).
2000 Type II Reverse
2009 Log cabin
North Dakota stamped coin.
HH
Gilbert
 
Upvote 0
Nice job :icon_thumleft:

I admire anyone who has the patience to painstakingly go through pennies like that.
 
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
I avg. 10 at the low end and normally around 18, but that is a box of 25 dollars.
 
I average around 16 per box in ct and had my second ever best box today with 97 wheats but keep doing those bags your bound to hit a jackpot!!
 
I'm lucky to get 8 wheats in a box down here. I don't know why the numbers are always low. I usually do better on the bags. This one was a little low. I'll get a box this weekend and see if it has improved.
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I started a counterstamped lincoln thread a year or two ago, but it seems everyone lost interest....could be a starting point.

I wish I could have your averages on pennies....Your average per $25 box beats my average per $50 bag.
 
GMan00001 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I started a counterstamped lincoln thread a year or two ago, but it seems everyone lost interest....could be a starting point.

I wish I could have your averages on pennies....Your average per $25 box beats my average per $50 bag.

Yo.. G

Reserect that thred.

I have found a couple but few and far between. I probably found less than 5 and did not report them. I recently found 1 and had to find the rest of the others to put them togeather. so I know where they are now, and I could report them to you.

I also found a couple of ones with the shape of a Cross punched out of it and some Fraternal clubs stamped into them.

Mojo
 
GMan00001 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I started a counterstamped lincoln thread a year or two ago, but it seems everyone lost interest....could be a starting point.

I wish I could have your averages on pennies....Your average per $25 box beats my average per $50 bag.

I have heard my wheat averages up here are pretty good. I get many boxes with 50+ wheats in them and a few with 100+ wheats in them. I guess that is whats really keeps me excited is the good numbers.

When I am full bore hunting pennies I get about 5 counter stamped pennies a month. Maybe when I start back strong again one of us can start the counter stamp thread again.

Jason
 
Here are mine

6 total

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • states2.webp
    states2.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 207
I'll try to round mine up so we can get a tally on those.
HH
Gilbert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom