What's new

50 Caliber Express Disaster ?

Goldstar1

Full Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
222
Reaction score
296
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a strange shell casing, a 50- 110 (Express) that looks like something went terribly wrong . It looks like the bullet has been fired back into the casing . Any forensics people out there that have seen this type of thing , what would cause this? plugged barrel?
 

Attachments

  • P7281468.webp
    P7281468.webp
    337.4 KB · Views: 87
  • P7281470.webp
    P7281470.webp
    374.6 KB · Views: 82
Here is a side view , I am surprised there is no bulge on the lower part of the casing if indeed the round was fired back into the base.P7281472.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like the case was to long for the guns chamber.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like something was hammered into an empty case. I don't think firing had anything to do with it.
 
Upvote 0
Most all the cases I find are similar to this. Bent up through 100 years in the ground. Anyone could have pounded something into it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
An original 50-110 case is almost 2 1/2 inches long also...it had a serious case of whoop-ass in its day..
 
Upvote 0
Looks like something was hammered into an empty case. I don't think firing had anything to do with it.

I suspect it was being used to punch a hole in something, probably leather
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the input and suggestions , I still have no idea other than its filled with lead and assume its from the original bullet but who knows? its hard to get a picture of the lead inside.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom