50 keepers from 1st box.

Wow that's a lot of keepers for one box! Hope the next box is just as good if not better than this one.

Great job KS!! Your have hit a vein on these boxes lately. Kudos!! Very nice 90% total too....gotta love that.

Keep that streak alive. Looking forward to Fridays post.

Great job. I want to switch to whatever bank/carrier you are using. LOL. Enjoy it while it lasts (hope its a long time).

HH.

I use 3 different banks. One is a BOA that uses Brinks. Another is a BOA that uses the same boxes that other places use. The others
are just the brown boxes which I was told came straight from the Reserve. I had a run of 10 skunks before 2 weeks ago. The boxes
then started producing alot. Oldred might be right when he said
that they have old bags of coins they use when they get low on
their present amount. I don't know the secret....wish I did.

Maybe we should both double our orders and try and kick those reserves out into circulation. :) Are those fed boxes the single row with the peck through windows with no numbers/inspector? Thats what I get as well.

I remember that terrible streak you had, believe me. Scared me silly that mine were going to dry up what meager finds there were. I'm glad karma is starting to pay you back.

HH.

I heard those single layer boxes with peekaboo holes were Loomis- those are what I get from ME Credit Union. My other bank gets me the 2 layer box and all the coin roll wrappers say Brinks on them. I hit a good box from each on Thursday but I've pounded about 12 boxes from them in the last month with one of the two layer boxes being a total skunk- lots of marked coins here even it the good boxes- wish I could get to the good ones before they get mixed in with the marked ones. I'm orderin halves to cover ME paycheck next week I just hate the thought of carrying 3 boxes out- sometimes I have to park 2 blocks away, might have to take a small roller suitcase in with me haha. BTW them good boxes- the first was (1) '64, and (12) 40%'s, second was (1)WL, (3) '64's, and (6) 40%'s. Nothing near 50 but I was estatic. HH Mark

I ordered my 1st box from BoA - all junk coins, some were even marked w/ black line, 2 were nail polished silver around the rim :) ...I did find 1 40% coin but am on the verge of giving up. The box featured the 'peek holes' on the bottom and the rolls were machine wrapped in a white roll with yellow print (N.R. Strung & Son, Inc). There are other banks nearby - anyone have any luck with boxes from TD Banknorth? Thought about ordering from a different BoA branch as well but figure they probably all have the same provider.

My guess would be that BofA has a contract with one provider for all local branches- now I don't know that for certain but... Try to find another bank that uses another server- thats what I would do. Silver nail polish on the edge?- thats $@%&*%$ up! You got some hardcore coin markers there haha- Damit I just had a terrible thought LOL. Do a little searchin and pokin around before ya give up- my first box was good (beginners luck), second box total skunk- coins all marked like you hold the roll and make two lines with a sharpie bout an 1/8" apart. Tried the CU, same markings but got some silver.
Thursday I had my best day as I got a box from the CU- yea at least half the coins are marked but I got 12 40%'s and 1 '64, so I dumped and picked up the box I had at the other bank and yea marked coins all throughout but got 4 more 90%'s and 6 more 40%'s- after a skunk box 10 is a dream. Just wish I could have got to them good ones before they all got mixed with the marked ones. Like I say try a few and if it doesn't work out it really doesn't cost anything but some time and I been havin a blast gettin a few while others seem to be rakin. Probly has some to do with locallity. Personally I think Oldred should repackage boxes- put 20 silvers in and sell em for $600. HH Mark

Sheldius said:
Maybe we should both double our orders and try and kick those reserves out into circulation. :) Are those fed boxes the single row with the peck through windows with no numbers/inspector? Thats what I get as well.

I remember that terrible streak you had, believe me. Scared me silly that mine were going to dry up what meager finds there were. I'm glad karma is starting to pay you back.

HH.

No. The fed boxes are the plain brown double-decker box. The Brinks were the single layer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back